Accounting Payable Clerk with AP/AR Experience - Wage DOE
ACS Commercial Services, LLC Cypress, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk with Accounts Payable / Receivable experience to be responsible for processing invoices in an efficient and timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Calculate, post business transactions, process invoices, verify financial data for use in maintain accounts payable records, and provide other clerical support necessary to pay the obligations of the organization.
- Execute and analyze invoicing processes.
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, and recording accounts data
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling accounts and vendor statements.
- Informs immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in invoice items or computer database.
- Reconcile the accounts ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
- Generate reports detailing accounts status
- Understand compliance issues around accounts payable/receivable processes (W-9, sales tax, etc.)
- Take phone calls, emails, and have effective communication
- Have good attendance habits
- Other duties as assigned.
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Attends departmental meetings as required.
- Save and archive documents and plans.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Customer Service—the individual responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service and maintains confidentiality.
- Oral Communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar and can read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
Associates Degree a minimum
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Must be able to type 50 words per minute.
Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Write simple correspondence. Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage and to draw and interpret graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or verbal instructions. Deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, e-mail software and the use of the Internet.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
None required for this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
As an equal opportunity employer, ACS Commercial Services, L.L.C. does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, military status, disability, or on any other basis that would be in violation of any applicable federal, state, or local law. Furthermore, ACS Commercial Services, L.L.C. will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship, safety, and/or health risk.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
ACS Commercial Services, LLCWhy Work Here?
“Great Teamwork, you'll have full support from Dispatch, in house Help Desk, and managers striving for your success.”
ACS specializes in Commercial Maintenance. We are not just another, maintenance company; we are the best in the industry and have the best retail clients in the industry.
11311 Neeshaw Dr. Houston TX 77065Cypress, TX
Finance and Insurance