Bilingual Training Coordinator
ACRE FAMILY CHILD CARE INC Lowell, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $20 to $23 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
Acre Family Child Care (AFCC) is a nationally recognized non-profit that has been serving children, women, and families in Lowell since 1988. Our holistic approach helps women achieve economic independence by providing the educational and technical support needed to create sustainable home-based family child care businesses. AFCC’s network of 60+ family child care homes provides high-quality care for over 400 children in Lowell every day.
Reporting to the Co-Executive Director, the Training Coordinator is a full-time position (40 hours per week) responsible for managing a wide-variety of activities. This includes the coordination of all agency training activities, development and delivery of individual workshops on various Early Childhood and Child Care related topics, work to make information accessible and respectful of diverse cultures, and support and assistance to Educators seeking to improve their program.
· Establish annual training calendar and manage all logistics (training locations, presenters, translation services, food, evaluations, etc.) related to training sessions and ensure the integrity of the curriculum, adult education techniques, and the overall program philosophy
· Update and deliver AFCC’s proprietary Child Care Quality Benchmark Training program as necessary. This program covers a wide range of topics related to running a successful child care program, typically takes place over multiple Saturdays and is required for all Educators beginning with AFCC
· Stay informed about Educator and child care needs, regulations and requirements from the Department of Early Education and Care and research on best practices in the fields of Early Education and Care and Family Child Care, to support the growth and development of all AFCC Educators.
· Represent AFCC to the field and community-at-large to foster AFCC’s image and to advocate for linguistically and culturally responsive curriculum and training materials for family child care providers
· Assist with the development of grant proposals and reports
· Attend regular meetings and communicate with other AFCC staff on training related topics
· Perform home visits to support Family Child Care Educators and perform observations.
· Coordinate and lead annual special event programming for children and families
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field.
· Strong communication skills, ability to balance multiple activities, and detail oriented are a must
· Bilingual English/Spanish
· Available for occasional evening and weekend hours
· Ability to work collaboratively and independently
· Acre Family Child Care in an equal opportunity employer; we encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Required for Consideration:
· Please include a cover letter and resume as part of your application.
ACRE FAMILY CHILD CARE INCWhy Work Here?
Excellent benefit package
Acre Family Child Care (AFCC) is a nationally recognized non-profit that has been serving children, women, and families in Lowell since 1988
55 Middle St Suite 500Lowell, MA
EducationView all jobs at ACRE FAMILY CHILD CARE INC