We are looking for a knowledgeable, experienced production manager to coordinate operations and oversee machinists and fabrication employees. The foreman will be the key person in charge of overseeing the scheduling, manufacturing, quality and employee safety. The ideal applicant will have a solid background in machine shop operations, strong leadership skills and the ability to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. The production manager must be well-organized and strongly focused on safety above all and at all times.
Production Manager Duties and Responsibilities
· Oversee and ensure that all safety rules are being followed at all times
· Produce work schedules in accordance with the availability of employees, materials, and equipment
· Coordinate daily tasks according to priorities and plans, adjusting as necessary due to variations in demand and progress of the work flow
· Recruit, hire, mentor, manage and train employees
· Provide for adequate resources and staffing to meet delivery due dates to customers
· Ensure full management adherence to QMS, AS9100, and ISO 9001 standards
· Schedule and ensure manufacturing plans and quality plans are followed and executed as plan.
· Train and certify production personnel to the required standards as well as build a cross train workforce.
· Develop production risk mitigation plans at the detailed level for each contract.
· Identify and resolve production floor technical problems
· Develop and support strategic initiatives such as lean manufacturing and six sigma programs
· Communicate with customers as required
· Communicate with employees and personnel issues
Production Manager Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related technical major
· 15+ years in Metal Machining Environment for high precision complex parts
· 10+ years of progressive leadership experience
· Extensive knowledge of metal machining best practices, equipment maintenance, and quality management systems
· Ability to read drawings, plans, and blueprints and convey this information to others
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills
· Ability to communicate and report effectively
· Aptitude in math and strong problem-solving abilities
· Good physical condition and stamina
· Experience and knowledgeable in Mastercam, Solidworks, model based programming and associated computerized systems used in metal machining
· Stand, walk, push, pull, reaching overhead, and bending to the floor
· Exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally
· Visual acuity required to read machine dial gauges, blueprints, and precision measuring instruments
· Hearing ability to monitor machine sounds and identify and diagnose changes and problems in order to take appropriate action
· Working conditions of a typical metal machining factory