Quality Engineer Supplier
ACR Electronics, Inc. Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Apply directly on our website at https://bit.ly/2WXE8wS
This position is an in office job dealing with Supplier quality and manufactured parts.
Under management supervision develops and implements process control programs that will assure production of finished goods that meet or exceed customer-specified requirements. Requires an ability to work within a diverse work force as a change agent practicing preventative methodology. Lead continuous improvements by utilizing the appropriate quality tools and provide data analysis. Review design and process changes for effect on product performance. Facilitate teams, meetings, training, and support and monitor the Quality/AS9100 Continuous Improvement effort plant wide. Oversee customer complaints to determine quality activities required to eliminate issues. Serve as a resource and additional leadership on quality related issues: including process capability, SPC, PPAP, metrology and customer/supplier interface. Lead suppliers to proper corrective action, monitor Supplier KPI performance and perform internal and supplier audits.
· Promote leadership and guidance to operations team to meet all quality requirements.
· Provide direction to supply chain to meet required specifications
- Ensures customers’ quality requirements are met on assigned products, programs, areas, and functions.
- Plan, direct, coordinate, participate in any/all of the following:
- APQP/ Advanced Product Quality Planning
- PPAP / Production Part Approval Process
- 8d / Eight Discipline problem solving
- SPC / Statistical Process Control
- Leads Control Plan & PFMEA Development
- Promotes general understanding of AS9100 in daily activities
- Assist in internal Quality training efforts.
- Participate in daily Gemba Walks
- Participates in Internal Audits
- Lead and direct suppliers to meet required quality standard
- Intermediate Excel experience a must
- Strong analytical and proven team oriented problem solving-skills required
- Solid blueprint reading skills including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), inspection layout skills and Statistical skills
- Solid leadership, self-motivation and participative team skills are essential
- Effective training skills required
- Solid computer skills
- Ability to interpret customer quality requirements. Strong customer satisfaction orientation
- Effective communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to travel
- Proficiency in ERP system, Excel, Word, Microsoft Teams
- Spanish speaking a plus
Knowledge, Education, and Experience
- Minimum 5 years working in a manufacturing production capacity or prior applicable experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or five years QE experience),
- 3 years in Aviation field a plus
· May have to lift up to 50 pounds
· Stand for 5-6 hours per day, interrupted
· Physically move boxes, carts and material to different locations
ACR Electronics, Inc.Why Work Here?
ACR builds products that save lives! We have an extensive benefits package, paid time off, and are truly a family.
5757 Ravenswood RoadFort Lauderdale, FL
ManufacturingView all jobs at ACR Electronics, Inc.