- $25 to $40 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
All Levels are Welcome to apply! Must be willing to travel!
Performing work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations responsible for repairing low temperature, high-pressure cryogenic and industrial gas equipment at customers’ sites in adverse outdoor conditions. Individual will be part of a service team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Based on mechanical/technical knowledge of industrial gas equipment, install, assemble, troubleshoot, fit, test, recondition and repair parts and components using precision tools and equipment
- As necessary, communicate with customers regarding progress of projects
- Complete and maintain detailed records of repairs and all work performed using computer system
- Individual must have a valid driver’s license, drive to customers with possible overnight hotel stays, sometimes requiring air travel
- If employee is required to drive a vehicle over 10,001 pounds they will be required to take a DOT Medical Exam
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Must have HS diploma/GED;
- Mathematics and PC skills required;
- Ability to read, interpret and work with complex parts and assembly drawings;
- Must be able to use precision measuring tools and equipment;
- Verbal and interpersonal skills required to interface with customers;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to be insured as a driver under the company’s policy;
- Frequent nationwide travel required via car and air; length of assignment will vary from 1 to 2+ weeks.
CRAFTS OR SKILLS TO QUALIFY FOR POSITION: (Requires Two to Qualify)
- 2 to 10 years of TIG welding experience or certified TIG pipe welder directly from school. Must be able to TIG weld a range of pipe from 1/4” to 6” stainless and carbon steel and pass a certification test;
- Must be able to braze a range of tubes from ¼” to 2” copper, brass and stainless and pass a certification test;
- 2 to 10 years of cryogenic/industrial gas experience;
- Crane and rigging experience specific to cryogenic and industrial gas equipment;
- Must be capable of completing tasks unassisted at customer locations;
- Proficiency related to hands-on experience testing and repairing electrical devices and installations;
- Proficiency related to vacuum work and mass spectrometer applications.
The work environment characteristics described here are employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Work performed is outdoors in varying and potentially adverse conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
For over 125 years, OPW has led the way in designing and manufacturing world-class retail fueling, fluid handling and car wash system solutions for the safe and efficient handling and distribution of fuels and critical fluids. OPW makes above ground and below ground products for both conventional, vapour recovery and clean energy applications in the retail and commercial markets. Additionally, OPW supplies loading arms, valves and dry-break couplings, tank truck equipment, rail car valves and equipment, and car wash systems. OPW has manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific, with sales offices around the world. OPW is part of the Dover Corporation, which is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under 'DOV'. To learn more about OPW’s 125 years of providing industry-leading solutions, visit our website at www.opwglobal.com.
Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenue of over $7 billion. We deliver innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, consumable supplies, software and digital solutions, and support services through five operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Dover combines global scale with operational agility to lead the markets we serve. Recognized for our entrepreneurial approach for over 60 years, our team of approximately 24,000 employees takes an ownership mindset, collaborating with customers to redefine what's possible. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under "DOV." Additional information is available at dovercorporation.com.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.