Director of IT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Director of IT is responsible for the research, design, and execution of IT solutions, to enhance and support the business goals of Elm Street Development and Legend Management Group.
Provide subject matter expertise across many technical disciplines. Work with consultant counterpart to design and engineer the networks and systems. Manage all IT staff, and promote team productivity to deliver high quality IT service.
· Assess needs across company and within individual business units to determine strategies for meeting business objectives. Collaborate ideas with consultant counterpart, and present ideas to senior management.
· Plan and implement additions, deletions, and major modifications to the IT infrastructure in pursuit of business and IT goals.
· Ensure proper functioning of IT systems, and monitor for availability, performance, and capacity planning.
· Provide Tier 3 Helpdesk support. Act as backup for Tier 2 Helpdesk support when needed.
· Hire and manage IT staff, set development goals, promote career development opportunities, provide mentoring to encourage personal growth and advancement.
· Project management of team projects from development through implementation.
· Direct the development and execution of the disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
· Draft and revise corporate and departmental IT policies and procedures.
· Develop, track, and control the technology budget in collaboration with the Treasurer.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by the Treasurer.
CompTIA A+/Server+ level knowledge of computer/server hardware and operating systems.
CompTIA Storage+ level knowledge of storage administration.
Cisco CCNA level knowledge of routing, switching, and wireless.
Microsoft MSCA level knowledge of Windows and Active Directory.
VMware VCA-DCV level knowledge of vSphere.
· Well-developed organizational and time management skills. Must consider priorities, forecast problems, and envision solutions.
· Able to work both independently, and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple tasks.
· Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise a team of staff.
· Deep knowledge of information technology functions including network and system design, planning, development, and operations.
· Must be able to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical audiences. Extremely clear, succinct, and professional writing skills are mandatory.
· Excellent presentation and facilitation competence and ability to represent IT as a leader in cross-functional discussions/initiatives.
· Able to identify, evaluate and learn industry trends.
· Creatively solve complex technical problems and provide competence under pressure in highly complicated, time-sensitive situations.
· Must be able to occasionally work after-hours or on weekends to complete special projects.
· Must be able to lift and transport equipment weighing up to 75 pounds including computers, monitors, UPS batteries, printers, etc. Must be able to set up equipment standing on a ladder, or in confined spaces, including underneath desks/tables, in wiring closets, and equipment racks and enclosures.
· Must have driver license and own your own vehicle. Travel between offices up to 20%.
Education, Qualifications and Certification
7 years experience providing network and system administration.
2 years experience managing a staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
Must possess two of the following (or alike) technical certifications: CompTIA A+ and Network+, Microsoft MCSA, Cisco CCNA, VMware VCA-DCV.
AddressWashington County, DC
Get fresh Executive Director of Communications jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.