CompTIA Technical Instructor: Job Summary
CompTIA Technical Instructor to help design and deliver high velocity A+, Net+ and Sec+ training programs and support students in achieving career relevant certifications. In addition to training skills, Instructors are knowledgeable in student support, certification rates and what is needed to attain them, and the importance of world class IT training in today’s growing IT job markets. Instructor is vested in supporting students to achieve certification and career goals. This position resides in Colorado Springs, CO.
- Holds current A+ 1001/1002, Net+007 and Sec+501 CompTIA certifications.
- ITIL Foundation Certification and other certifications a plus.
- Prior teaching experience or CTT certification.
- Relevant industry experience.
Typical duties are likely to include:
- Execution and instruction of IT classes in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking) or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
- execution and instruction of virtual/hands on labs
- Identifying/Carrying out training needs/analyses
- defining the skill sets needed to be successful in programs offered
- carrying out performance assessments to determine the skills gaps between current and desirable learner skill levels
- designing, updating training materials needed to support student successfully through certification
- ensuring the learning environment and resources support learner needs
- designing course materials and other documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises
- preparing the learning environment and resources, including setting up IT equipment where appropriate
- Delivering study sessions in formal (e.g. a classroom), informal (e.g. floor-walking) or online (e.g. webinar) settings.
- supporting and coaching learners towards timely exam execution
- evaluating the effectiveness of training and learning outcomes
- liaising with partners (e.g. external course providers, employers, examining bodies) to fulfil the skills needs of an organization
- collaborating with other instructors
- maintaining appropriate records of learner development and resource allocation
- ability to align training to current IT job markets
Skills & Experience:
- Articulate Communication skills
- Administrative skills
- Prior teaching/instruction
- Prior student management
- Prior team collaboration or management skills
- Analytical skills
- Training skills
- Mentor experience
At LeaderQuest, we are creating a community of individuals empowered to pursue careers they love, by offering training and certification programs on the most relevant and in-demand Cybersecurity skills of the foreseeable future. Our mission is to empower career changes, military veterans, and IT Pros with critical, job-ready Information Security skills, and assist them in securing thriving careers as entry level or advanced practitioners and managers. Our training programs span a wide range of Cybersecurity disciplines that help everyone from the rookie looking to start their Cybersecurity career all the way to the seasoned IT Pro looking to advance their skills. Our training programs take weeks rather than months or years and, in most cases, cost a fraction of the tuition that other institutions charge.
Powered by JazzHR
ACI Learning Inc