Serves as Data Test Lead for the Integrated Personnel and Pay System-Army (IPPS-A). The Data Test Lead reports to the Test Manager. Manages and delegates data testing tasks to a team of 6 data testers. Performs tasks related to data, regression, interface, and end-to-end testing of IPPS-A ERP using available test tools. Writes and executes interface test cases to measure data accuracy and correctness using available ETL tools. Completes root cause analyses using SQL and works with flat-files, database dumps and XML/XSD. Works with business analysts to understand the system design and works with developers to resolve defects.
What you'll get to do:
· Delegate tasks to a team of 6 data testers.
· Use testing best practices to enhance the existing data testing process.
· Work with developers, functional analysts, technical SMEs and other team members to understand and test conversion, inbound and outbound interfaces to the IPPS-A system.
· Develops and executes interface test scenarios and test scripts for complex business rules using available ETL tools.
· Reviews interface design documents, analyzes requirements and works with flat files, database dumps, XML/XSD to achieve expected results.
· Perform root cause analysis, database validation, and data defect identification using SQL.
· Create/Identify test data to validate functional and technical requirements.
· Traces requirements to test cases to ensure coverage for full system integration test.
· Ensures requirements are met through data testing activities.
· Designs, develops and executes reusable test cases and procedures based on requirements relevant to data test planning and creation using HP ALM.
· Collects, tracks and reports test metrics and briefs leadership on test status.
· Coordinates the resolution of problems inhibiting test progress.
· Reviews customer requirements and specifications to ensure that tests will confirm that these are satisfied.
· Train new and existing team members on IPPS-A process and testing best practices.
Qualifications you'll bring:
· Bachelor's degree in Technology or related field with 5-7 years of software testing experience for the federal government.
· Active Secret clearance.
· Ability to write complex SQL queries for database validation and data defect identification.
· Experience with the ETL process, and backend testing of Oracle databases using SQL and Unix scripting.
· Strong understanding of relational databases, and software testing techniques and methods.
· Knowledge of Quality Assurance Methodologies and the SDLC.
· Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
Qualifications that are nice to have:
· Knowledge of the Agile development process; experience with testing in an agile development environment is strongly desired.
· Security + certification
· Demonstrated experience working with continuous integration environments.
· Expertise with HP Quality Center and the HP Application Life-Cycle Management Suite (Quality Center, Unified Functional Testing, Performance), and defect tracking tools.
· Knowledge of PeopleSoft versions 9.1/9.2