- Requires the ability to work on federal contracts in the USA.
- Requires the ability to pass a background investigation to obtain a security badge to enter a government facility.
- Requires a minimum B.S. degree in earth science or related disciplines, such as remote sensing, GIS, ecology, geography, physics, mathematics, computer science, etc.
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience conducting metadata applications within an environmental research environment.
- Requires experience with the creation and maintenance of records for large metadata repositories.
- Is suited for an experienced professional capable of working with team members and stakeholders in various geographical locations.
- May require occasional travel to related conferences and meetings. (less than 10% travel).
- Experience with the creation of original metadata according to industry and local standards and has experience with content management systems
- Experience with maintenance of records for large metadata repositories
- Expertise in Oxygen XML editor and Altova Mission Kit XML Spy or equivalent software packages
- Demonstrated knowledge of current trends in metadata standards and practices
- Demonstrated ability to provide custom assistance and advice with cross walking and normalizing metadata
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
- Experience in providing metadata technical training
- Demonstrated leadership in the descriptive metadata arena, including involvement in national efforts associated with metadata
- Familiarity with the NOAA observing systems, programs and data