A rapidly-growing firm looking to bring in an accountant. Some of the tasks are to prepare/analyze financial statements using and exercising discretion in accordance with US GAAP and company policies.
- Assist Controller in preparing monthly statements, work with accounting team for A/R and A/P. Provide oversight for payroll and act as backup for payroll.
- Determine the validity of these accounts and whether they are in compliance with US GAAP and Company policies.
- Develops and maintains thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting policies, financial systems, transaction processes and internal controls.
- Focus on serving the operations by responding to and answering concerns and inquiries.
- Maintain recurring journal entries, including support and calculations
- Prepare and enter journal entries as needed.
Minimum 2-5 years general ledger/financial statement experience required
Prior public accounting experience highly preferred
Government Contracting experience highly preferred