Behavioral Health Specialist Williamsburg, VA
$19/hr. | 6 Days of Paid Training Provided
- High School Diploma
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Successful completion of/ability to complete preservice training classes required
- Successful completion of/ability to complete advanced forensic technician training.
- Ability to act in the capacity of essential personnel during emergency/crisis situations.
- Ability to complete the advanced forensic technician training.
- Apply knowledge of Psychiatric Healthcare.
- Skill in implementing appropriate behavioral/mental health interventions during critical mental health crisis situations.
- Basic knowledge of the principles and practices of psychology and behavioral analysis in working with forensic patients.
- Ability to provide therapeutic de-escalation in a safe manner.
- Skill in implementing behavior modification techniques in a Psychiatric Hospital.
- Skill in dealing effectively in a Psychiatric Hospital environment working directly with individuals with Mental Health/Psychiatric/Behavior Diagnoses.
- Ability to work in an environment and with individuals with impulsive behaviors, as well as verbal/physical aggression.
- Skill in providing support during all aspects of daily personal care, to include intervening with aggressive behaviors.
- Ability to actively participate in process improvement projects and patient data collection.
- Ability to have a high degree of attention to detail with regard to data collection and documentation.
- An ability to perform effectively as a member of a Direct Care team.
- Ability to function with minimum supervision, recognizing the need for direction and assistance in situations beyond his/her scope of capabilities.
- Must have the ability to successfully complete BLS, TOVA and other required training upon start Hospital
ACI FederalACI Federal is an award-winning, ISO 9001:2008 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013, and JCA Healthcare Staffing certified government contractor focused on Healthcare, National Security, and IT solutions.