- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Business Development Sales Executive
About the Company
ACI, a multi-million-dollar company, leads in providing complete parking lot management solutions to commercial and industrial properties regionally. ACI services include, but not limited to: Asphalt patching, asphalt reconstruction, asphalt resurfacing, sealcoating, crack sealing, concrete maintenance: including installation and repair of concrete curbs, walks, and pads; storm sewer repair and installation, lot marking, and green paving solutions. ACI as a company strives to exceed customer, industry and employee expectations.
The role of Business Development Sales Executive is responsible for qualifying leads and generating sales for services marketed by ACI. This includes identifying and qualifying potential accounts and/or project opportunities. Identifying project opportunities will include sales calls to property owners, property management firms, large commercial developers, engineers, government officials and etc. Role is responsible for developing new customers as well as growing business with existing ACI customers. This position reports directly to the Business Development Sales Manager or equivalent.
- Identify potential accounts by developing leads and analyzing and qualifying project opportunities.
- Initiates call process by building relationships, and scheduling appointments.
- Develops sales by investigating needs of potential accounts and/or projects.
- Conducts product demonstrations, group lunch and learn seminars and one-on-one sales presentations.
- Closes sales by overcoming objections, requesting new account application, forwarding orders, and following up on orders placed.
- Consistently enter all account and project-related communication and activity into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software program.
- Maintain an accurate list of open sales opportunities in CRM software program.
- Improves products and services by relaying customer reactions, monitors competitive products, and by recommending new features and/or adjustments to product development and engineering services.
- Attend trade shows to help identify and qualify new leads.
- Service existing accounts and project opportunities by visiting account or job site to offer consultation related to products and services and additional solutions to meet customer/project needs.
- Partners with internal sales support team to identify potential accounts and/or project opportunities.
- Completes appointments as initiated and scheduled by internal sales support team.
- Follow up on project leads as generated from customer calls, electronic requests for quotes, leads from industry lead services, trade show & association leads, etc.
- Participates in preconstruction meetings for project opportunities.
- Develops expertise and knowledge of estimating and prepares estimates used for managing purposes, such as planning, organizing and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors and determining cost effectiveness
- Responds to customers concerns in an appropriate and timely manner
- Oversees, monitors and audits assigned job sites for quality control through on site visits to review and get feedback from Project Managers and customers
- Confers with Project Manager, Operations Management and General Manager and as needed to clarify information required for contract plan review
- Maintains product knowledge of existing and new product services
- Maintains close, positive working relationships with field and administrative departments
- Additional sales related duties as requested by supervisor, management or owners.
Administrative, Personal Development and Expense Control (10%)
- Accountable for compliance with all company standards, and for achievement of sales expectations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Assists and/or consults with other sales team representatives with unique knowledge of application, account and/or project opportunity.
- Develops, submits, implements, manages and reports on sales goals and business development plan in accordance with company policies and systems
- Completes expense reports in a timely fashion per established format.
- Adheres to company travel and expense guidelines.
- Obtains approval from supervisor for all unique expense requests, such as but not limited to trade shows, association memberships, and account entertainment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related/similar field
- Previous construction work experience required
- Knowledgeable in and proven abilities with estimating in a paving, landscaping or construction type environment viewed as a plus
- Project management experience preferred
- A minimum of 5 years in direct sales/business development role, not telemarketing or inside sales, previous sales management experience preferred
- Excellent math, geometry and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have ability to interact with external and internal customers and partners in a fast pace, multitasking environment with a high level of communication
- Proficiency in use of technology including CRM, word, excel, I phone and internet
- Must be able to work independently and high degree of problem solving
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Includes comprehensive benefits package.
This is to be considered an outline of the work involved in this position and should not be construed as a limitation of duties or responsibilities from the standpoint of the employee or of ACI Asphalt Company. All ACI employees are expected to have a willingness to share in the responsibilities and duties of others when necessary to "get the job done" and to contribute their skills or expertise, however possible, for the benefit of the company. This will require that the employee develop and maintain a good rapport with all members of the ACI Asphalt & Concrete team.
ACI Asphalt & Concrete, Inc.
10285 89th Ave, North.
Maple Grove MN 55376