Sr. Manager - Product Development
ACH Food Companies, Inc. Oakbrook Terrace, IL
- Posted: over a month ago
Manages the development of new products that will facilitate the growth of sales and profits for ACH Food Companies. Provides strategic direction on current and future efforts in Product Development and Innovation. Protects and expand core products, leverage co-packers, utilizes new ingredients and technologies to provide the solutions needed for ACH . Ensures product development assets are strategically deployed and are fully effective to meet ACH requirements. Position reports directly to the Vice President of Product Innovation, Development & Quality.
- Manages the development of new products / formulation work including that with co- packers achieving the lowest possible cost. Develops cost saving opportunities.
- Researches new ingredients, technologies, processes and products. Creates innovative products for unmet consumer needs. Solves problems and technical concerns.
- Defines, develops, organizes, supervises and coordinates the projects to support applicable business groups. Schedules and prioritizes the activities of the groups.
- Works with marketing to develop the new product strategy and pipeline . Guides efforts in identifying new product opportunities and markets.
- Communicates progress of development to upper management and recommends the addition, expansion or termination of project work.
- Oversees the technical training and professional development of the business groups.
- Manages the departmental budget.
- Manages product development as performed by external resources.
- Implements NPD processes and process improvement initiatives.
- Directs product shelf life programs.
- Manages Specification development and ensures accurate documentation of products and specifications.
- Acts as liaison with Regulatory and Packaging to ensure products are consistent with ACH requirements.
- Manages evaluations of competitive products.
- Responsible for reporting any and all food safety and quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Science. Master's degree in Food Science preferred.
- 10 plus years of experience with at least 5 years of research management and 5 years of product development in a consumer product goods company.
- PC, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, LIMS, SAP, Outlook, MS project, SharePoint
- Leadership Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others.
- Business Acumen Understands business implications of decisions. Demonstrates knowledge of market, company financials and competition. Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Strategic Thinking & Problem Solving Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in group problem-solving situations.
- Team Work/Building Partnerships Balances team and individual responsibilities. Develops and leverages relationships within and across work groups both internally and externally to achieve results. Exhibits objectivity and openness to other's views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Innovation and Creativity Develops and understands new insights. Questions conventional approaches. Encourages new ideas and innovations. Designs and implements new programs and processes and cutting edge products.
- Mental Reasoning Needs significant skills in problem solving, mental acuity, and learning in order to manage technical resources while working with marketing on creating new product ideas.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
ACH Food Companies, Inc.
AddressOakbrook Terrace, IL
BusinessView all jobs at ACH Food Companies, Inc.