Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Reports To: General Manager
Job Summary: To oversee the maintenance for all equipment and facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensure that all new and existing equipment, machinery and facility systems are well maintained and operating properly.
- Assure that emergency repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Work with production to schedule any non-emergency repairs that may be needed to equipment, machinery and facility systems. Note this may require off-production hours for completion (2nd or 3rd shifts, weekends, and holidays).
- Schedule Preventative Maintenance (PM) on all equipment, machinery and facility systems.
- Utilize eMaintenance (Computerized Maintenance and Manufacturing Software) to keep accurate records of maintenance performed (scheduled and non-scheduled) on all equipment, machinery and facility systems.
- Work with and make recommendations to Corporate Engineering team as well as GM to facilitate production and installation of new equipment or capital projects as needed.
- Work with Corporate Director of Engineering and Maintenance on corporate or plant specific projects as needed.
- Keep any other documentation as required by our Quality and Safety programs.
- Work with maintenance staff to troubleshoot equipment issues to identify root cause.
- Ensure all OSHA guidelines are followed in all aspects of maintaining equipment, machinery and facility systems.
- Recognize and adhere to all best practices for safety (i.e. lock out/tag out, etc.).
- Must be able to operate forklift and scissor lift within the safety guidelines established by ACH.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- May be responsible for supplying hand tools required for the job.
- Performs any other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
- Manages direct reports.
- Does not have the authority to hire or fire but is expected to make recommendations.
Education and Experience:
- 2 years in post High School education or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing / industrial maintenance environment required.
- Knowledge and experience with general maintenance/mechanical systems as well as associated safety procedures is required.
- Advanced knowledge and experience within a given specialty (i.e. boilers, fabrication, controllers, etc.) is required.
- Must be fluent in the English language, both written and spoken.
- Must be able to use simple math and use basic hand held measuring tools
- Must be self-motivated while being able to give clear direction and work in groups
- Must have problem solving skills that can be applied to mechanical and utility systems
- Multi-tasking, organization, and supervisory skills required.
- General understanding of the manufacturing processes, quality standards, equipment operations, safety requirements and departmental procedures.
- Driver record and insurance coverage appropriate to enable legal and safe driving of vehicle(s) for company related business
- General Safety
- Quality System Awareness
- Must be verified by supervisor to be able to sign off on procedures needed to fulfill job requirements within 2 months of hire.
- Additional training may be required as recommended by GM/Director of Eng./Maint.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required including sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, climbing steps or ladders, grasping, fine and course manipulation, reaching both forward and above head level, and tolerant of temperature changes for the entire shift.
- Must be able to push, pull and/or lift up to 100 pounds; and safely operate assigned machinery.