Mobile Diesel Mechanic / Fleet Maintenance
- $65,000 to $80,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
ERS Technician – Los Angeles, CA
LOOKING FOR A GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND A LONG-TERM CAREER OPPORTUNITY? Want a change from the routine grind?
A rapidly growing family-owned business is looking for techs that want to learn and grow their skill set in the diesel repair industry!
KingFleet is currently hiring an ERS (Emergency Roadside Technician), who will be responsible for performing truck and trailer breakdown repairs. Our ERS technicians work from home, on an on-call basis. They are dispatched by our 24-7 call center.
- Respond to call center dispatched unscheduled service and maintenance request.
- Diagnose, adjust, and repair various types of truck equipment including, but not limited to the following: Electrical/Brake/Cooling Systems, Starters/Alternators, Air conditioning systems, Fan clutches, Engine electronics, Power steering systems, Engines (gas and diesel), Transmissions (manual and automatic), Clutches, Differentials, etc.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers and pressure gauges.
- Use basic hand tools, precision instruments, as well as power tools, welding equipment, and jacks.
- Document and upload pictures of work performed, parts used, and all findings observed on Service Orders using company issued iOS device
- Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of documentation in timely fashion.
- Road test vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Work with a high degree of independence and manage own daily schedule.
- Maintain a high level of productivity and be able to work within or close to most standard repair times.
- Obtain parts from approved local and national vendors as necessary for the repairs to be performed.
- Manage parts inventory and equipment provided on a service truck and perform periodic reconciliation.
- Communicate with management and support team via email or phone to obtain approvals on repair estimates, retrieve purchase order numbers and/or discuss SO findings.
- Perform all work in compliance with organizational safety, health and environmental policies, and federal regulations, to include OSHA, EPA, and DOT.
- Participate and complete all-in company required safety training.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors. Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Maintain company’s issued service truck, conduct safety checks and pre/post trip inspections.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Diesel Technician on Class 6 – 8 vehicles.
- Valid Driver’s License required, must be clean.
- High School Diploma or and equivalent combination of education is a plus but not required.
- Must provide own hand tools that are adequate to perform job functions.
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and their drivers.
- Proficiency in the use of iOS / mobile devices, navigation of mobile applications and use of email to document repairs and communication. Ability to learn new platforms.
- Willingness to work varied schedules and work outdoors / in the element’s roadside as well as potentially at customer yards/locations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task and apply initiative.
- Positive attitude, Safety conscious, good instincts, and self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks.
- Proficiency in and ability to obtain certificates for DOT Inspection and Air Brakes repairs
· Health, dental, vision, life insurance.
· 401(k) matching starts after 90 days, 100% match up to 6% contribution.
· Tuition Assistance/Reimbursement
· Safe driving & Tech efficiency bonuses
· Safety Boots & Safety Glasses reimbursement
· Uniforms provided with laundry service where available
· Take service truck home daily (stop paying for gas!)
· Electronic diagnostic computer & company cellphone provided
· Technical training provided to advance your career
· $65,000-$75,000 depending on experience
ACESLos Angeles, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.