Level III Diesel Mechanic
- $25 to $40 Hourly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Level B (II) Diesel Mechanic
We are currently hiring a Diesel Technician located in Brookfield, CT to perform diesel service and repairs. Our areas of business include class 8 semi-truck repairs.
· Journeyman mechanics must have tools.
· Be organized and well mannered.
· Advanced ability to read and interpret diagnostic equipment (OEM software).
· Excellent ability to diagnose and troubleshoot class 8 vehicles.
· Ability to work individually or in teams.
· Skilled in the operation of power tools and machinery
· Advanced knowledge of methods, tools, and equipment utilized in maintenance repair.
· Ability to read and interpret documents.
· ASE OR OEM Certifications Preferred.
· Experience in welding is a plus.
· CDL Preferred.
· Safety Certifications preferred.
· Basic math and measurement skills.
Physical Demand: The employee may continuously lift, move, or carry a minimum of 50 pounds, up to 100 pounds. This position may also require the use of hands for frequent simple grasping, fine manipulation, and power grasping. Reaching is frequently required at waist level and below waist level. The employee will frequently need to bend, kneel, balance, or squat. The employee will be performing a variety of physical labor including (but not limited to) climbing ladders, bending, kneeling, reaching, and standing for long periods of time; lift and carry boxes, tools, equipment, and materials.
· Perform routine vehicle maintenance.
· Advanced ability to perform repairs such as: wheel seals, brakes, clutches, hydraulics, fuel and water pumps, radiators, alternators, trailer hinges, trailer roll up doors, lights (electrical on tractor and trailer), tires, etc…
· Work with diesel mechanic team to provide updates and repairs to diesel trucks and engines
· Utilize electronic diagnostic tools and computer software to assist in the troubleshooting and repair of heavy-duty truck engine, braking, electrical, cooling, and exhaust systems
· Inspect, operate, or test equipment to diagnose malfunctions
· Determine corrective action of maintenance through repair manuals and experience
· Use tools such as common hand and power tools, hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches
· Maintain tools and/or equipment to ensure the availability of the equipment in safe operating condition
· Safely operate vehicles of various sizes in the loading, hauling, and unloading of various equipment
· Maintain appropriate records of activities
· Maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency in all maintenance
· Adhere to all company health and safety policies
The location: This position is in Brookfield, CT. All applicates must live within 45 min of Brookfield.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$40.00 per hour depending on experience
Overtime available for road calls after hours ($200 minimum for any job completed no matter the time spent on the job.
Healthcare, Dental and Vision (Family covered as well)
401K and Matching
Paid Time Off
Paid Holidays (8 days)
Uniforms and Safety Equipment Provided
$500 Tool Allowance per Year
Sign on Bonus ($1000)
Monday – Friday
40 Hour Week
Overtime available everyday of the week as well as on weekends
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Diesel engine repair: 5+ years (Preferred)
Mechanical Knowledge %+ Years (Preferred)
Driver's License (Required)
EEOC Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
AutomotiveView All ACES Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.