Manager, Real Estate and Facilities Management
- Posted: over a month ago
ACES' distinguished care is grounded in an industry-leading model of behavioral artistry – which combines the best clinical practice of traditional Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) with humanistic elements that help our clients generalize their skills and gain independence. At 30+ locations, we are motivated to grow both so that we can serve more clients and close the significant supply gap that currently exists across the United States. We are committed to attracting and cultivating the very best team members who embody ACES' values and culture and are passionate about our work. For more information, visit http://www.acesaba.com.
At ACES, we are committed to elevating the standards in the treatment of autism. This means elevating the client's experience, elevating clinical outcomes and elevating the team member experience and contribution, all while finding new, better and more efficient ways to provide care. Ensuring ACES does this in a standardized, scalable way is critical for our rapidly growing company in this stage of our development.
As a key member of our Support team and the primary leader for our Real Estate and Facilities function, you will report to our General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer. Your role will include managing our real estate selection process, deal negotiation, construction and vendor management, and day-to-day facilities management across all sites. You will lead both strategic and tactical initiatives that help guide and support our existing clinic locations while also supporting our de novo growth strategy across multiple states. You will also be responsible for scaling ACES real estate capabilities, setting strategic priorities, developing and tracking performance metrics, and creating SOPs that support our rapid growth trajectory.
- Oversee company-wide real estate portfolio to include assisting with site planning, letter of intent/lease negotiation (with support of the Legal department and outside counsel), sourcing office fixtures, furniture and equipment, office tenant improvements and setup, office remodeling or decommissioning of a site
- Manage and continue to develop our real estate portfolio, developing success metrics and utilizing current information/data and business knowledge to identify real estate options for expansion and relocation opportunities
- Execute strategic real estate transactions, including sourcing, planning, negotiating, and managing commercial real estate broker relationships
- Contribute to the ACES' strategic and operational objectives by reducing real estate expenses, while improving productivity and revenue generating capacity
- Lead new projects including planning, and building management, design review and functionality of new development projects
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to maintain existing properties under management and ensure awareness of new opportunities available
- Oversee all aspects of lease management including broker relationships, facilitation of upcoming leases and managing plans for renewals, relocations, and/or expansions
- Develop a robust network of vendors of all trades who can service ACES facilities when needed; manage vendor service contracts and monitor the provider's performance
- Ensure all sites have appropriate staff to manage engineering responsibilities, janitorial services, and landscaping
- Oversee all appropriate insurances, inspections, and applications/fees to municipalities and service providers
- Manage the relationships with building management and landlords
- Lead the facilities department staff who manage day-to-day maintenance, workplace support and asset management
- Develop Service-Level Agreements for managing maintenance requests and issues
- Ensure all facilities are operated and maintained in alignment with established standards, laws, regulations, procedures, and OSHA guidelines
- Demonstrate servant leadership, sense of urgency, and accountability for areas of ownership
- Inform budget development and partner with Finance to track monthly and quarterly metrics against plan
- Periodically review actuals and budgets to ensure the spending is within budget
- Establish performance success metrics to gauge progress, and drive business outcomes.
We're seeking a motivated, experienced leader:
- 3+ years of experience in commercial or corporate real estate, construction management and facilities management/maintenance in a multi-site environment
- Successful track record of completing capital projects and experience with office build-out and construction
- Demonstrated expertise in overall real-estate portfolio management including site-selection, lease coordination, budgeting, construction, project and risk management
- Excellent project management capabilities with the ability to thrive in a deadline-oriented environment
- Experience managing internal team members, as well as overseeing the work of external partners, agencies, and freelancers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfort navigating ambiguous situations and adapting to changing priorities
- Our ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, positive attitude, and strong work ethic
Join the ACES movement. Twenty-five years ago, a teacher in her classroom had a vision, that she could not only uniquely improve the quality of life for her students - that she could also build an organization to help others do the same. And that they together could elevate the standards in the treatment of autism, discover new and better ways of providing care and create, ripples of positive impact across millions of lives. We aim to be the standard setter and a household name for autism services in America whose growth will solve the current gap in the supply of quality care.
What does an 'ACE-ified' leader look like?
- Mission-driven; embodies our core values: Accountability, Collaboration, Education, Flexibility, Fun, Innovation, Passion, Respect, Results, Service
- Growth Mindset: Says "yes" to appropriate, new opportunities and ideas for ACES
- Positive & Perseverant: Charismatic, self-starter with strong personal initiative
- Servant-Leader: Humble, caring, and empathetic
- Displays grit and scrappiness, roll-up-your-sleeves work ethic
- Mature and self-aware, with a professional presence
- Quick learner: Intellectually curious, comfortable with a high level of ambiguity
- Reflective: Lives "above the line" – with an intention to be one's best self
Benefits & Perks
ACES knows what it takes to deliver the highest level of care for our clients, and we believe our team deserves to experience that care as well. We offer a robust benefit package, including health, vision and dental benefits, paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, pet insurance, and more, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company focused on changing the future of behavioral therapy
- Collaborative, supportive, agile, and fun culture
- 1:1 executive mentorship and opportunities for advancement
- Access to weekly, company-sponsored peak performance trainings
ACES is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age or covered veteran status. We embrace diversity and encourage you to apply!
If you are having any issues with submitting your application, please reach out to us directly at email@example.com.
ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services)
AddressSan Diego, CA
Real EstateView all jobs at ACES (Autism Comprehensive Educational Services)