Join us at our LENEXA, KS office!
At ACERTUS, we are seeking a Staff Accountant, reporting to the Accounting Controller, to support the rapid expansion and continual growth of the Title and Registration Division. The position will be working collaboratively with the Accounting team and internal Title and Registration team to maintain and control the General Ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records. The successful candidate will possess the ability to work independently and participate in process change improvements within and across departments to implement best practice initiatives. ACERTUS is an automotive logistics company that offers portfolio of services that span across the vehicle lifecycle. This is your opportunity to join our high performing team and be a part of something BIG!
· Perform general ledger account analysis and reconciliation
· Researches and resolves transaction discrepancies
· Manage the processing of cash transactions from the bank ensuring accounts payable posting discrepancies are communicated and corrected
· Monitor credit card transactions and perform analysis to ensure proper coding and reconcile with internal check processing
· Prepare month-end journal entries including supporting documentation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
· Assist the external auditors to ensure an effective and efficient process including data gathering and responding to inquiries
· Assist with special projects and ad hoc reporting
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
· Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
· 1-3 years of experience in accounting and audit processes preferred
· Experience in planning, organizing and analyzing information
· Self-starter and results oriented, comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities, thrives in a fast-paced environment
· Proven track record of performing with a high degree of accuracy and meeting tight deadlines
· Power user in Excel required
· Hands on experience working with NetSuite is preferred. Experience analyzing data from NetSuite or a comparable ERP system a requirement
At ACERTUS we believe that our employees are our greatest asset. Our benefits include a competitive compensation package and excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, sick time and vacation, 401K with company match, tuition reimbursement, paid maternity/paternity leave, and an opportunity to prosper in a highly growth-driven organization.
ACERTUS is as an automotive logistics provider that utilizes technology to provide unparalleled service and visibility into the transportation process accompanied by a full suite of vehicle lifecycle solutions. Our people, process, and innovative technology are the engine behind our relentless drive to deliver. We believe in enhancing our customers’ experience by providing end-to-end solutions throughout the lifecycle of a vehicle. ACERTUS offers a suite of vehicle transportation services, customizable technology, a national title and registration platform, compliance services, final mile and a growing vehicle storage footprint throughout the North America.
ACERTUS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workplace diversity.