Sr Director, Translational Science (Preclinical Pharmacology)
At ACELYRIN, INC the patient is at the center of our culture and our business. We are guided by our values of courage, compassion, collaboration, innovation, and a sense of urgency. Our key value of courageous caring means putting patients first and having the courage needed to quickly solve challenging issues, we strive to redefine what is possible and quickly bring innovative therapies to bear against serious diseases.
Location: Agoura Hills, CA
Job Title: Sr. Director, Translational Science
Reports To: Vice President, Translational Science
Function: Lead Translational Science and Research
Job Type: VP, Translational Science and Biology Research
A member of ACELYRINs Translational Science team is a key contributor to the design and execution of preclinical studies supporting mechanism of action, new clinical indications, and new molecule discovery. Activities include critical oversight of CROs and collaborators who can run studies to support our scientific strategic interest. Selection and management of collaborators, CROs and partners. Building the scientific rationale and investment thesis for academic collaborations. Establishing strong alliances with effective oversight of partners and CROs will be key to success. We require an individual who can contribute to regulatory filings, respond to agency requests, and communicate scientific findings at meetings as a primary author.
We are looking for a collaborative, positive, self-driven, individual with the ability to work seamlessly within a hybrid work environment.The successful candidate will exhibit strong technical expertise, leadership and management skills, and a willingness to work both strategically and hands-on.As ACELYRIN grows, we require individuals who can work within cross-functional teams that combine internal staff, contractors, consultants, and other external resources to deliver against aggressive development timelines.
- Be a scientific thought leader for multiple mechanisms of action and therapeutic targets
- Propose and execute preclinical studies to support and expand the breadth of our clinical pipeline
- Identify and manage collaborators and CROs to support preclinical studies
- Manage timelines, budgets and key deliverables to support the development team's deliverables
- Provide scientific and strategic input to support clinical development
- Support the process for building scientific rationale for new clinical indications
- Review clinical data and contribute to interpretation and external communication efforts
- Contribute to regulatory filings, respond to agency requests, and communicate scientific findings as a primary author
- Manage consultants and other external resources (as needed) to deliver against aggressive development timelines
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- A PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, with at least 15 years of biotech/pharmaceutical experience
- Formal training or extensive experience in immunology preclinical development and/or clinical development of therapeutics against immunologic targets
- Proven track record of accomplishments within therapeutic discovery and development including various aspects of in vitro, ex vivo, in vivo model systems, assay development and discovery
- Experiences supporting the development of biologics
- Past experience as primary author of relevant sections of clinical and commercial regulatory submissions,e.g.INDs, and BLA's
- Ability to travel domestic or internationally to collaborator or CRO laboratories as needed for face-to-face engagement and troubleshooting
- Able to work independently and complete projects with minimal oversight, escalating issues to management with discretion
- Motivated and results-oriented individual with outstanding work ethic, able to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities quickly while working under tight deadline
- Strong oral and written communicator with concomitant interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to evolve and develop new skills and capabilities within a growing organization
Essential behaviors and ways of working:
- Ability to work independently as well as cross-functionally
- Results and Action Oriented
- Ability to Deal with Ambiguity
- Demonstrated Strategic and Problem Solving in matrixed environment
- Demonstrated Functional and Technical Skills for nonclinical and clinical development
ACELYRIN, INC, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applications are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. Any individual, who, because of a disability, needs accommodation or assistance in completing this application or at any time during the application process, should contact the Human Resources Department.
ACELYRINAgoura Hills, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.