- Posted: June 02, 2022
- $62,160 to $75,000 Yearly
More Than a Job.... A Rewarding Career in Distribution at Ace Hardware.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor at our Distribution Center located in West Jefferson, OH.
At Ace, "Helpful" isn't just a word, it's what we are all about. From the Distribution Center to the road to our Ace stores, this leader's role is critical to making Ace Hardware the best, most helpful hardware stores on the planet. It's what our customers expect. It's ingrained in our culture. It's what we've done for more than 90 years.
Ace's distribution network is the foundation of our retail success. Our distribution centers are highly successful warehouses serving neighborhood stores across America. We consistently deliver one of the highest service levels in the industry to our retailers. You can be a part of this legendary team!
The Warehouse Supervisor directly supervises and coordinates activities of warehouse team members, including material handlers, administrative assistants, and others.
What You'll Do
Enforce safety rules and regulations
Responsible for day-to-day execution of the strategic vision of the company for our work area. Plan work assignments and manage manpower to meet operational needs.
Monitor employees and the work process to ensure proper completion according to company standards. Oversee your work area and support your team's success through observations and coaching.
Validate payroll for team members
Conduct interviews and select candidates who are a good fit for the company
Evaluate employee performance and prepare performance appraisals
Resolve employee problems and collaborate with employees, peers, and other stakeholders to facilitate problem resolution. Collect your teams' feedback and developing a way to drive efficiency through your team.
Minimum years of 2 years' experience; 5 preferred of relevant work
Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources.
Basic to intermediate knowledge of Word, Outlook and Excel
Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Ability and willingness to work non-traditional shifts and hours.
Ability to process Information including calculating, auditing, analyzing, and/or verifying information or data.
Interacting with computers to set up functions, enter data, or process information.
Strong Communication skills - Communicating with superiors, peers, or subordinates
Ability to operate vehicles, mechanized devices, or equipment
Maintain safe work environment
$62160 - $75000 per year
Why should you join our team?
We live our values - W.E.L.I.G.H.T (Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility, and Teamwork). Gratitude. Humility. Love. You don't often see values like these in most corporate statements, but Ace is different. These things are important to us. They represent our commitment to the company, our employees, to Ace retailers and to the Ace brand.
In addition to providing our employees a great culture, Ace also offers competitive benefits* that address life's necessities and perks, many of which expand and improve year after year, including:
- Semi-Monthly Pay
- Incentive opportunities, based on role/grade level (rapid company growth over the past 5 years resulted in incentives being paid out at an average of 126% of your target opportunity!)
- 18 days of vacation immediately available (prorated in the first year) and 9 paid holidays
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision and disability) & life insurance benefits for you and your dependents.
- Generous 401(k) retirement savings plan with company contributions, averaging 9.6% per year of eligible earnings over the past 5 years
- Ace invests in every employee we hire, with a key focus on development and coaching. We offer on-site classes, facilitator-led courses, and a generous tuition assistance program, plus a performance management approach that goes beyond the typical annual review.
- Your career at Ace is more than just a job. It's a chance to be part of something meaningful. We help locally-owned businesses thrive and make an impact in their communities - and we support our employees in doing the same by offering our employees opportunities to help Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and the Ace Helpful Fund through the Ace Foundation.
- Employee discounts on Ace merchandise (including top brands like Weber, Traeger, Yeti, Craftsman, DeWalt and more), travel, fitness, computers and thousands more.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) - access to free visits to therapists and lawyers, guidance on financial matters, elder and childcare, and assistance with tickets to entertainment events.
- Birth/Adoption bonding paid time off
- Adoption cost reimbursement
- Identity theft protection
* Benefits are provided in compliance with applicable policies.
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
The pay range for this position starts as listed in the job posting, but could be higher based on education and experience. Please note, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each opening. We take into consideration the minimum requirements outlined in the job description, such as an individual's education, training and experience, the position's work location, required travel (if any), and external market conditions when determining the final salary for potential new hires.
Be aware that salary estimates published via alternate online job boards may not be a true representation of the actual pay range offered for this position. Please refer to the Ace position description for the accurate starting pay range information and feel free to discuss this with a Talent Acquisition professional if you are chosen to move forward with an interview.
This written "Position Description" is not intended to cover all aspects of the position listed. It is meant to cover the basic/general essential job functions of a particular position. Ace Hardware Corporation reserves the right to change job duties, including essential job functions, according to business necessity.
Ace Hardware Corporation
AddressWest Jefferson, OH
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Ace Hardware Corporation