HVAC DDC Controls Project Engineer I Renton, WA
Sunbelt Controls is a premier provider of building automation system solutions and services for a wide portfolio of clients across the Western United States. We provide BAS solutions that are comprehensive, ranging from new construction installation and system retrofits to preventative service, data analytics, and fault detection diagnostics. We lead the industry with building control products and solutions that reduce energy and operational cost across several vertical markets, including office buildings, data centers, healthcare, education, and biotech/pharmaceutical.
We deliver value to our clients by utilizing emerging technologies to create smarter buildings through our professional solutions, services, experiences, and ingenuity. Our employees are comprised of intelligent, dedicated, and entrepreneurial team members who put customers first and enjoy what they do. We believe there is a better way… to grow professionally, to partner and deliver a project. If you are ready for new challenges and new opportunities, come join our team!
In this position, the employee will, under only general supervision from the Project Manager, exercise independent judgment and discretion to manage the on and off-site execution of daily project requirements and activities, while flexibly responding to customer demands. Responsibilities may include independent completion of HVAC control system field engineering, programming, and commissioning using preferred approach standards as necessary. Responsible for cost/budget allocations of projects and activities. Responsibilities will include maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction while balancing the project demands and financial goals.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
• Develops personal intellectual and technical product knowledge specific to the needs of the business and that of specific projects.
• Production of Building Automation System / DDC controls system design drawings, the sequence of operations and submittals for lower-level control systems while supporting Senior Level Design Engineers for mid-level control systems as required.
• Research and selection of control system peripherals and end devices.
• Reading and interpreting project construction drawings and specifications to ensure scope compliance.
• Collaborates with other members of the project team to identify additional options for the customer (e.g. Energy Efficiency, Equipment Interface, and Value Engineering).
• Develops and maintains internal project construction schedules relative our scope of work utilizing 3rd party software programs such as MS Project as required.
• Manages supports and provides oversight to all 3rd party commissioning requirements on assigned projects.
• Manages the project’s material procurement process and coordinates the shipments of material to the site and/or other trades for assigned projects.
• Perform modification of previously produced controls designs to reflect field changes made during the implementation process (As-Built drawings).
• Generate Operation & Maintenance manuals at the close of a project as necessary and/or transitions final project documentation to the Engineering group for processing.
• Ability to manage time and cost budgets for assigned project tasks.
• Communicates effectively with all other project team members concerning problems, obstacles, issues and information needs from the field and will submit daily and/or weekly summary of work reports to the project team leadership.
• Manages weekly time allocations to multiple assigned projects for on-time weekly submission of the individual’s timesheet.
• Responsible for practicing safe work habits and participates in office safety program requirements and that of any specific safety requirements of all assigned projects.
• Attends and successfully completes the OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 safety training classes.
• Takes personal responsibility for the successful completion of any assigned formal training and development plans.
• Participates in the ongoing personal development program processes, product and systems knowledge required of the business.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Construction Management is preferred and/or 2-5 years of related work and engineering experience in the HVAC Controls/Building Automation or Construction Industry.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and any technical school training.
• Ability to read construction blueprints and electrical schematics.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Windows, File Structure, AutoCAD, VISIO. Basic TCP/IP network structure and web navigation are desired.
• Must be highly organized and possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet the schedules given by Sunbelt Control leadership.
• Has the ability to operate independently and autonomously and take ownership of all assigned tasks and project requirements as assigned.
• Must possess a valid Washington driver’s license.
• Ability to execute their work to ensure high customer satisfaction and the highest quality deliverable.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills are a requirement of this position.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand, use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, talk and hear.
• Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, along with the ability to climb up and down ladders• Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or up-to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up-to 10lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
• Ability to climb up and down the ladder frequently.
• The employee must possess the ability to navigate the complexities of a construction site while working on-site and practicing the site safety requirements and policies of the Company.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs – Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
SUNBELT CONTROLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Sunbelt will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, Sunbelt Controls is unable to provide visa sponsorship.