HVAC DDC Controls Engineer Renton, WA office
Sunbelt Controls is a premier provider of building automation system solutions and services for a wide portfolio of clients across the Western United States. We provide BAS solutions that are comprehensive, ranging from new construction installation and system retrofits to preventative service, data analytics and fault detection diagnostics. We lead the industry with building control products and solutions that reduce energy and operational cost across several vertical markets, including office buildings, data centers, healthcare, education, and biotech/pharmaceutical.
We deliver value to our clients by utilizing emerging technologies to create smarter buildings through our professional solutions, services, experiences, and ingenuity. Our employees are comprised of intelligent, dedicated, and entrepreneurial team members who put customers first and enjoy what they do. We believe there is a better way… to grow professionally, to partner and deliver a project. If you are ready for new challenges and new opportunities, come join our team!
The position requires the individual to apply their basic technical knowledge and any prior experience for the support of project start-up, commissioning and troubleshooting activities. In addition, this position will be responsible for field assisting of engineering, programming, graphics and closeout documentation activities for each project. The position requires a basic and proficient level of computer skills and understanding of computer-operated systems. Additionally, the individual is required to closely interact with the Project Manager and/or assigned Project Engineer in the timely completion of each project. This role will also be responsible at times for hardware design tasks to allow for continued exposure and development in more sophisticated and larger system applications.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
• Assistance in the startup and commissioning activities of basic/zone Building Automation System / DDC control systems designed and programmed by others.
• Performs and validates the execution of the initial systems point-to-point commissioning activities
• Assists higher-level Systems Software Engineers in the commissioning and troubleshooting of local and wide area networks.
• Assists higher-level Systems Software Engineers in the utilization of computer hardware and software to support pre-functional testing of the system software code in relation to the design sequence of operations.
• Supports final systems functional testing as required by the project team.
• Performs basic program and graphics modification and hardware applications designs.
• Initiates and tracks project checkout documentation and as-built conditions for submission to the assigned Project Manager.
• Ability to manage time and costs budgets for assigned project tasks as delegated by the Project Manager or higher level Systems Software Engineer.
• Communicates effectively with all other project team members concerning problems, obstacles, issues and information needs from the field.
• Communicates effectively to submit daily and/or weekly summary of work reports to the project team leadership.
• Manages weekly time allocations to multiple assigned projects for on-time weekly submission of the individual’s timesheet.
• Responsible for practicing safe work habits and participates in office safety program requirements and that of any specific safety requirements of all assigned projects.
• Attends and successfully completes the OSHA 10 and OSHA 30 safety training classes.
• Takes personal responsibility for the successful completion of any assigned formal training and development plans
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
• Associates degree in a technical field or 2-5 years of related work experience in building automation systems. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
• Strong mechanical aptitude and any technical school training.
• Working knowledge of MS Office, Windows, File Structure. Basic TCP/IP network structure and web navigation are desired.
• Must be highly organized and possess the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks to meet the schedules given by Sunbelt leadership.
• Has the ability to operate independently and autonomously and take ownership of all assigned tasks.
• Must possess a valid California driver’s license.
• Ability to execute their work to ensure high customer satisfaction and the highest quality deliverable.
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills are a requirement of this position.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand, use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, talk and hear.
• Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. occasionally, and/or up-to 20 lbs. of force frequently, and/or up-to 10lbs. of force constantly to move objects.
• Ability to climb up and down the ladder frequently.
• The employee must possess the ability to navigate the complexities of a construction site while working on site and practicing the site safety requirements and policies of the Company.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make Sunbelt Controls an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs – Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
SUNBELT CONTROLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Sunbelt will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, Sunbelt Controls is unable to provide visa sponsorship.