We are looking for a Graphic Designer to join our Pasadena Office!
Why join ACCO? ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems. Whether your project is a low or high-rise office building, a shopping mall, hospital, semi-conductor fabrication facility or pharmaceutical manufacturing plant…ACCO can design, build, install, and maintain a mechanical system to meet your needs
Here at ACCO, we are a part of something bigger. Just ask our customers: California Academy of Sciences, L.A. Live, and San Francisco 49ers Stadium. While we have been around for 80+ years, we continue to grow at a dynamic pace. And we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. To read more about us, check out our ABOUT US section with current news and events.
We are looking for a high-performing, detail-oriented, organized graphic designer to join our team to assist with various graphic design tasks. You will be responsible for executing graphic design related projects & tasks, managing priorities and will report directly to the Director of Marketing.
WHAT DOES THIS ROLE INVOLVE?
- The graphic designer will develop highly original and professional concepts and contribute to the creative execution from pitch to final delivery.
- Provide design and production support to marketing department for a range of projects including print and digital publications (including annual report and internal magazines), other print collateral, brand identity updates, logos, presentations, and creating digital assets for our web pages and social media channels.
- Assist in brand management by maintaining expert level knowledge of corporate brand standards, championing the value of the brand, ensuring design solutions/deliverables support corporate initiatives and are brand appropriate.
- Interface and brainstorm with Marketing team and other involved stakeholders of ACCO, in a strategic manner, to elevate the visual communication of information through the creation of high quality and visually appealing presentation materials.
- Take and provide design direction, work collaboratively and integrate feedback into all creative projects.
- Create/revise branded templates for internal/external communications, sales collateral, field/shop documentation, submittal covers, RFI/RFQ/RFP responses.
- At the direction of sales leadership, work with department coordinators to populate and polish sales proposals and presentations.
- Complete high quality projects on schedule.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions.
- Organize and manage photo library and photo requests and perform retouching and manipulation of images as necessary.
- Create and/or edit content & imagery for website and social media channels.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN A CANDIDATE?
- Thorough knowledge of graphic design principles, typography, printing and production methods (including pre-press, papers and inks).
- Strong working knowledge of using a variety of software (i.e. InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office Suite, and other graphic design software, etc.) and the WordPress platform.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred.
- Analytical skills
- Flexibility and ability to work on multiple projects and within multi-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to utilize design concepts/principles using PC platforms
- Ability to take constructive feedback and integrate it in design pieces
- Attention to detail
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Communication skills
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent additional work experience, and three to five years of experience in graphic design.
(The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision and Distance vision.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk and sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of assisting with project job walks and site inspections).
- The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder height to access storage cabinets and shelves.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Collaborative Company Culture - We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO Engineered Systems an engaging place to work.
- Competitive Benefits - including medical plans, dental, vision, 401k & company match, supplemental insurance.
- ESOP – Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from us to you, free of cost to all eligible employees.
- Paid time off - including Holidays, Vacation, Sick Time, and Personal Time
- Professional Development Programs – Educational reimbursements, Professional memberships, training programs, and career growth opportunities.
ACCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AA M/F/V/D.
We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law. | Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
ACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
At this time, ACCO is unable to provide visa sponsorship.