Job Title: Coordinator of Public Health (CHRC)
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Summary: Under limited supervision from the Public Health Manager. The Public Health Coordinator uses specialized knowledge and skills in the coordination, development, planning, implementation and evaluation of a public health program. Work is characterized by independent judgment and discretion in meeting program objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily operation of the program and ensure all requirements are met.
- Provide or assist in bilingual interactive community health education to multiple audiences.
- Develop, cultivate and maintain relationship with various funding sources.
- May assist in the preparation and organization of community health events, fundraising and training.
- Advocate for public health, disease prevention and public health promotion.
- Prepare and administer program evaluations and audits. Work directly with program auditors when necessary.
- May assist in grant writing and report writing activities.
- Attend trainings and represent ACCESS at meetings and conferences as needed to fulfill funding requirements or expand current programming.
- Provide technical and administrative support to staff; ensures that staff has documentation of outreach activities, data entry and analysis.
- Develop, plan and execute needs assessment activities.
- Ensure that information is collected for accurate and timely reporting as required by funding sources; meet all reporting requirements for all funding sources.
- In conjunction with the Fiscal Department, create, manage and operate within a specified budget.
- Prepares and delivers written and oral presentations to health care professionals, schools, parents and community members as well as organizations and professionals working with the Arab American population and/or the area of public health/disease prevention.
- Engage in research initiatives as directed by the Public Health Manager.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- In partnership with the Communications Department, direct all communications and publicity efforts for the program.
- May assist Public Health Manager with assigned tasks relevant to the program’s scope of work.
- Responsible for monthly monitoring of billing activities, ensuring units are met and monitoring completion of source documentation.
- Train staff on new curricula that is required by the funders for requirements in the work plan or annual plans.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in the field and shares information with program staff and community.
- May plan, assigns, monitors and manages the work of others.
- May review performance and evaluates results achieved by subordinates.
- May coach and mentor subordinates.
- May interpret, apply and recommend changes to the program.
- May balance conflicting resource and priority demands.
- Shall follow the funding sources requirements and CARF standards applicable to the services you provide.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced concepts, principles and practices in community health.
- Grant and other funding sources related to the assigned functional area.
- Reasoning skills: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Language skills: ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.
- Speak fluently in English and Arabic
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Incite enthusiasm and influence, motivate and persuade others to achieve desired outcomes.
- Interpret and apply policies and identify and recommend changes as appropriate.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Write speeches and articles of publication that conforms to prescribed style and format.
- Effectively present information to managers, clients, customers, top management, public groups, and board of directors.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Degree Required:
- Bachelors Degree, Preferred Master’s Degree
- Required Disciplines:
- Public Health, Social Work, Psychology or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in a community health environment or any equivalent combination of experience, education or training approved. Public health/prevention or health promotions field.
Hours: Normal business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
Travel required: local travel
Working Environment: Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.