ACCESS Dearborn, MI
- Expired: May 25, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Accounting Clerk I
Job Status: Part-Time (Up to 21 hours per week)
Job Summary: Under limited supervision, the Accounting Clerk Iuses intermediate skills obtained through experience and training to provide accounting and clerical support in effort to deliver accurate and timely finance and accounting services to the organization. Follows established procedures to perform routine tasks and receives general guidance and direction to perform a variety of non-routine tasks with limited decision making responsibility. Some judgment is required to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to apply to more complex assignments. Resolves most questions and problems, and refers new or unusual issues to a higher level. Routine contact with internal and external customers is required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen incoming calls and visitors to the fiscal department and direct to the appropriate staff member as necessary.
- Review all submissions of reimbursements, check requests, and mileage reports for accuracy and adherence to the Fiscal Policies and Procedures Manual. Communicate any deficiencies to appropriate individuals.
- Date stamp, code and initial all documents that are delivered to fiscal and disburse to the proper Fiscal Office staff member. Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Scan and save all contracts, invoices and internal submissions onto the Microsoft Navision software system in a PDF format. Retain hard copies as needed.
- Review all supply orders for necessity and cost efficiency. Obtain all necessary approvals before placing orders. Allocate charges to the appropriate department budget.
- Create and distribute all department meeting information/notes.
- Assist with all audits by obtaining documentation for program accountants as needed.
- Manage departmental filing system and annual document retention protocol.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic concepts, principles, and practices of accounting and office administration.
- Operating standard office equipments and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office/Outlook.
- Prior experience using Navision accounting software helpful.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Degree Required:
- High School Diploma. Some advanced education in the area of accounting or finance helpful.
- At least three years of administrative experience, preferably in a non-profit Fiscal department or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources.
- Licenses/Certifications Required at Date of Hire:
Hours: Normal business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
Travel required: none
Working Environment: Climate controlled office environment during normal business hours.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at ACCESS