Dynamic, fast-growing technology firm with offices in Chicago and Suburbs has a current opening for full time field service technician.
Please only apply if you have knowledge of information technology systems , an understanding and experience with computers, networking (can’t stress this enough), and low-voltage wiring. You must be interested in growing and expanding your skillset and not mind working with your hands.
In this position, you would not only be working with computer systems, but tasks will expand into networking, video surveillance and security, telephony, and much more – in short, your skillset will definitely grow! We are looking for independent, hard-working, energetic individuals ready to learn.
Due to the nature of the work, you absolutely need to be a technically inclined individual and have great communication skills. If you match the requirements below AND you follow the instructions, we’d love to hear from you.
About the position:
The position reports to our Operations/Service department. The primary responsibility of this position is to assist with incoming technical service requests and assist with various other projects. The candidate will perform IT support functions, take incoming call requests and resolve remotely or onsite, take part in hardware and software installations, maintenance, training and consultations.
· Clean driving record
· Reliable Transportation with all pertinent documentation
· Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
· Must feel comfortable climbing ladders
· Must pass background check
· Reliable communication
· Candidates will need to pass a technical exam during interview process to prove technical know-how.
· High School Diploma
· Currently enrolled or graduated from Information Technology Education Program
· Preferred - Industry Specific Certifications
· Preferred - Previous experience in technology support services or environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other related duties may be assigned.
· Install, configure, repair computers systems and other peripherals (hardware & software)
· Assist with installing and configure local area data communications networks which may carry data, voice (VOIP) and video communications following organization standards.
· Assist with installing, operating and maintaining network services - routers, wireless access points, switches, modems and other network devices following technical plans.
· Assist with installing or repairing Servers with standardized applications and networking software, diagnosing and solving problems that develop in their operations.
· Respond to user questions and explain the operation of network applications and equipment.
· Assist in the maintenance of standards and documentation.
· Perform other related duties as required.
· Create Knowledgebase articles to be shared with other team members, etc.
· Assist with other clerical and office related work.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
· Excellent technical comprehension skills and mechanical aptitude.
· Experience troubleshooting / repairing / installing / upgrading / imaging PC & Server hardware, peripherals, and software including working knowledge of Microsoft Office , Exchange/Outlook
· Working knowledge of Domain Networks, Windows Server, Active Directory and Exchange Server preferred.
· Preferred if experience with building and configuring networks, VPNs, VLANS, as well as configure firewalls (Cisco, Sonicwall, etc).
· Exposure to setting up and supporting iPhones, iPads, and other mobile devices.
· Ability to read and interpret technical instruction manuals, as well as, compose instructional material as appropriate.
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
· Outgoing personality and cooperative demeanor.
· Detail oriented and self-driven