The Lead Hand, Shipping & Receiving organizes and monitors the receiving, shipping, storage and distribution of all items received either from suppliers, vendors and/or the Manufacturing Department. The incumbent will ensure a smooth and consistent operation so parts and supplies are located and distributed in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Oversees and participates in the loading and unloading of deliveries/ incoming shipments and problem solves for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries, and communicates respective information to all internal departments/employees as required.
• Follows standard warehousing operations/practices with respect to all equipment, procedures/processes to achieve documented Logistic management goals improving customer service levels while streamlining warehousing activities.
• Oversees daily routes/schedules of shipments and deliveries.
• Communicates with 3rd party carriers related to transportation or material handling.
• Participates in cycle-counting program to ensure accuracy of inventory levels.
• Provides training to all employees on warehousing, shipping and receiving policy and procedures.
• Ensures Quality Assurance processes/policies are maintained as they relate to functional processes within the scope of receiving, inbound inspection material storage and disposition.
• Ensures that health and safety programs are supported and enforced in a manner that safeguards the protection of staff and promotes prompt responses to health and safety concerns or incidents.
• Fosters and maintains a continuous improvement environment through communication, teamwork and development of all employees.
• Records data in support of KPI’s around the Department’s Continuous Improvement and Cycle Time reduction activities/objectives.
• Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of warehouse operations including understanding planning, shipping, warehouse management and inventory systems
• Knowledge of internal control systems and procedures
• Knowledge of applicable legislation including health and safety
• Knowledge of Lead Hand practices and principles an asset
• Skills in conducting investigations and gathering information
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES Cont’d:
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Understanding point of entry and duty principles for border crossing (HS codes, Duty draw back) an Asset
• Ability to multitask and find solutions
• Valid Driver’s Licence
• Valid Forklift Licence (Raymond Reach; Counterbalanced Forklift) an Asset
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• 5-7 years of experience in shipping/receiving, warehousing and inventory control in a manufacturing and/or distribution environment; experience in LTL and domestic and international parcel shipping preferred
• 3-5 years of Lead Hand experience; OR equivalent
AC Lighting/ Spectrum Manufacturing is committed to being an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us at 416-255-9494 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description and location of the position for which you are applying.
Interested Applicants are required to go to this URL: https://www.cindexinc.com/c/93A71B and complete a Survey to be considered for a position at AC Lighting/ Spectrum Manufacturing. Please indicate the position you are applying for and attach a copy of your resume to the completed Survey and notify our HR department at email@example.com when completed.