Meetings and Conventions Manager, International Group Travel
- $50,000 to $65,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
The Meetings and Conventions Manager manages an client portfolio of international group travel organizers and their international groups attending medical conventions within the US. The M&C Manager builds a positive client relationship, provides excellent customer service, and coordinates all conference services including hotel rooming lists, restaurants, transportation, events, etc.
Be accountable for client portfolio. Establish good relationships with assigned clients and their agents to grow business. Regularly contact clients and travel agents to follow up on needs. Manage client from initial contact through signed agreement, onsite event, and post-event reconciliation.
Be familiar with assigned conferences. M&C is the expert reference point for the international sponsor and their travel agency.
Take ownership of assigned large and small group travel reservations as follows:
BEFORE THE MEETING
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs and preferences.
- Confirm hotel availability that meets client needs, liaising with partners, and confirm with client for approval.
- Ensure contract is signed and processed within specified timing schedule.
- Coordinate side-nights requests and extra allotment requests.
- Process all meeting/function space requests.
- Coordinate all arrival/departure information for attendees.
- Coordinate services such AS transportation, dinners, tours, meeting spaces, catering & AV.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date information on all confirmed services.
- Make changes to hotel rooming list as requested by client.
- Ensure the accuracy of hotel Rooming Lists with clients, hotels, and internal partners.
- Update the booking system based on sales, signed contracts, and other changes.
- Keep track of client payments and communicate with accounting regarding deposits, full payment, additional charges, penalties, and final balances.
DURING THE MEETING
- Manage clients during travel and respond to any questions or concerns effectively.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure that they conform to previous arrangements.
- Check daily hotel Rooming Lists with clients, hotels, and internal partners and update the booking system.
- Report any changes that require immediate billing/invoice to the manager in charge.
- If not on-site, provide support to on-site team member with rooming list updates.
AFTER THE MEETING
- Provide necessary reports and update booking system with final rooming list for conference reconciliation.
- Work with Accounting Manager to review any discrepancies between hotel master bills and booking system.
- Provide all requested information for the conference’s final report.
The M&C Manager is knowledgeable of different markets and has key contacts and resources in the industry. S/he makes housing recommendations for clients. Through their years of first-hand experience, they have improved the travel-planning process by figuring out methods of personalizing the experience for each of their clients.
This is a full-time onsite position and requires travel.
CONVERSATIONAL SPANISH IS A PLUS.
Additional to full-time pay, ABTS offers 30 days of PTO, fully-covered PPO Health Insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, fully-paid life insurance, 401(k) with match, an incentive program and 12 weeks of paid maternity leave.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types: Commission pay
Work Location: In person
ABTS Convention ServicesMiami, FL
Arts and Entertainment
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.