Smash Truck Operator Driver
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Smash My Trash is looking to hire a full-time Smash Truck Operator Driver to safely operate on-site at municipalities and businesses in the manufacturing, construction, distribution, transportation, and service industries in Long Island, New York.
Do you have the energy and passion for a career where you can enjoy your work and can be part of an industry disruptive company that is the fastest-growing green business in the United States? Would you like to help customers save time and money while helping the environment? If so, please read on!
We are a high-growth company focused on helping businesses save money and time while reducing their environmental impact. We are seeking a Smash Truck Operator Driver to join our business. This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to join a fast-growing business, and grow your career while helping the planet.
About Smash My Trash:
Smash My Trash provides innovative waste services to the largest commercial, industrial and construction companies in the nation. With more than 500 locations in markets across the United States, we are growing rapidly due to the disruptive nature of our business model and value proposition. Our patented equipment and service model helps companies reduce waste hauls by up to 70%! Target customers include manufacturing, distribution, freight forwarders, commercial and residential contractors, and more. Virtually any company with an open-top dumpster (20 - 40 yd) is a potential customer. Visit www.smashmytrash.com to learn more about how we are changing the game!
See what we do at https://www.smashmytrash.com/smash-videos/
Smash My Trash is looking for a dependable, self-motivating, and customer-focused individual who wants to be part of a growing company to join our team as a Driver/Smash Operator.
The Smash Truck Operator Driver will be responsible for:
Safely and efficiently operating our mobile “Smash Truck”
- Skillfully operate a hydraulic controlled machine
- Working with sales to coordinate and execute on-site demos for prospective customers
- Optimizing truck routes with the goal of reaching revenue and efficiency targets
- Ensuring that all safety and maintenance functions performed to maintain the proper working order of the Smash Truck
- Delivering key customer information to our Smash customers through our technology platform
- Providing top-notch customer service while impressing customers and prospects
- Properly track and document activity log via a handheld device
- Demonstrating complete reliability and accountability
- Experience in safely operating a Class 6 truck (i.e., dump truck, garbage truck, backhoe, ambulance, fire truck, and/or bus)
- Class B CDL is preferred but not required
- Ability to handle a physician workload
- Experience maintaining a Class 6 truck and hydraulic equipment preferred but not required
- Good communication skills (both oral and written)
- Being flexible, a consummate team player who can collaborate with others.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Skilled with mobile phone apps for truck maintenance
- Experience with preventative maintenance software such as Fleetio preferred
- Must pass a DOT Physical exam, background check, and drug screens.
- Knowledge of the waste industry is helpful, but not essential
While you will no doubt love your Smash Truck, you should also enjoy working with people. Customers should describe you as friendly and easy to work with. Driven and energetic, you should always be focused on efficiency, but never lose sight of safety and common sense. Motivation to continually train and develop may eventually advance your career with our company!
What we offer:
- $20 - $25 per hour (based on experience)
- Commission + Bonus Opportunities
- 1% Commission on monthly recurring revenue generated by the Smash Truck Operator Driver
- New business referral bonus opportunities
- Annual safety targets bonus opportunities
- Benefits, including Health and 401(k) plan
- Solid potential for advancement
- Paid training
- Paid holidays and time off
- Wireless phone allowance
- Work from field/remote
- Full-time position
- Schedule: Day shift - Monday to Friday
- Covid-19 protective gear
- Smash My Trash gear
Hiring Process: Candidates will be invited to interview(s) with senior management, both telephonic and in-person. Smash My Trash conducts background checks on all employees. All employees will be asked to sign a background check authorization and submit to a drug screening prior to hiring.
If you think you are ideal for this role and our company, apply today!
EOE/AA Disabled/Veterans welcome and encouraged.
Smash My Trash® of Long Island, NY is an equal opportunity employer.
ABT SMT Inc
405 RXR PlazaLong Island, NY