ABM Technical Solutions is an accredited Energy Service Company (ESCO) and premier provider of comprehensive green solutions designed to help commercial customers attain LEED and ENERGY STAR certifications, reduce cost of ownership, maximize value, increase energy efficiency, and create comfortable, healthy, safe, and productive environments for our customers.
We are searching for a Performance Contracting professional to join ABM as a Bundled Energy Solutions (BES) Account Executive to identify, qualify, develop and sell complex, bundled financial and energy solutions that improve the fiscal integrity of their budgets and deliver self-funded results. This is done through using proven sales methodologies to demonstrate ABM’s unique value to potential customers and provide them the correct solution for their facility. The ideal candidate has a strong financial and analytical aptitude and experience navigating a complex selling environment. This is a great opportunity for a successful performance contracting or HVAC project sales professional, or for a top sales performer from outside the industry with demonstrated success selling financially driven solutions to end users/building owners.
• Identify geographic target markets, strategic partners, influential consultants, industry associations, key publications and media, trade conferences & events, speaking opportunities, etc.
• Execute the sales process to cultivate and manage long-term relationships and sell large, complex, bundled energy solution offerings with guaranteed savings.
• Perform the necessary research, qualify and develop the sales strategy to develop a marketing plan intended to secure sales at or above annual quotas.
• Assess customer’s savings possibilities and guide them through the energy performance contracting process, including qualifying for utility rebates, grants, and other programs like Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE).
• Build advanced financial strategies that overcome the constraints of their budgets.
• Develop key relationships with the executive (C-Level), financial & technical buyers responsible for the decision-making process to drive the solution sale from first call through close.
• Produce and deliver impactful proposals and secure key opportunities using financial agreements.
• Coordinate and cooperate with other members of the engineering, operations and sales team at branch and corporate locations to ensure an accurate technical solution meeting or exceeding the customer’s needs
• Guide customers through energy efficiency project financing and contracting processes.
• Monitor account plan progress, including market conditions, customer needs, competitive activity and provide progress and execution updates.
• Be THE advocate for 100% referenceable clients relating to this value proposition.
• Maintain accurate records within Salesforce.com as the primary means of managing sales pipeline and activity.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, Finance, or related discipline required. MBA preferred.
• 5-10 years of experience selling performance contracts with guaranteed energy savings.
• Thorough understanding of wide-ranging challenges faced by local government, K-12 school districts, higher education and/or healthcare (MUSH Markets) highly preferred.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Energy Conservation and Energy Governing Laws / Regulations strongly preferred.
• Experience in structuring and securing public financing debt strategies in the public market space preferred.
• Demonstrated sales lead development and account cultivation skills, including effective negotiation and closing techniques.
• Extensive Knowledge of proactive prospecting at the financial decision-making level with building owners and executives at the C-level.
• High level of motivation and professionalism.
• Must be able to produce a persuasive proposal through exceptional writing skills as required for all RFP’s, RFQ’s, contracts, and all other forms of written communication to the client.
• Complete understanding and mastery of operating budgets and public finance for the vertical market(s) of current and perspective customers.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
• Proficiency working with Salesforce is a plus.
San Francisco, CA US
ABM IndustriesABM (NYSE: ABM) is a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of facility solutions with offices throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include janitorial, electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports. ABM Industries Incorporated, which operates through its subsidiaries, was founded in 1909.