- Posted: over a month ago
- $26 Hourly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
ABM Industries (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 140,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
We are seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician in our Downtown Minneapolis location. This person will report directly to the Chief Engineer and provide support to facility operations, maintenance, and repair programs to assure maximum life of all mechanical systems within the properties.
Duties & Expectations:
- Start your shift on time, well rested and ready for work.
- Must be able to read, speak and write English well to understand and follow directions. Must be able to communicate clearly and respectfully with internal and external customers, clients, etc.
- Assists in emergencies as needed and flexible.
- Compliance with any and all operating SOP’s.
- Ensure compliance with expense guidelines, company policies and procedures, governing codes and regulations and, when appropriate, third-party owner directives.
- Preventive maintenance, including changing filters, lubrication of devices, replacement of belts, and replacement of motors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability and Hands-on Experience:
- General building maintenance, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems experience.
- Equipment warranties.
- Must be able to act independently and make accurate decisions with exceptional focus on details.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Minimum five (5) years work experience in the field.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s License.
- MN State Boilers License is preferable or must be willing to acquire.
- Ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 50 lbs comfortably
- Ability to kneel, crouch and stoop
- Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions
- Ability to reach above and below shoulders
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist, pull, manipulate tools, machinery and objects
- Ability to climb and work from a ladder or lift comfortably
We offer medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k with matching contribution, Paid parking and generous time off for vacation and sick.
ABM Parking Services
ABM Parking Services, a subsidiary of ABM, is a nationwide parking service. ABM Parking Services manages parking operations for office buildings, hotels, hospitals, municipalities and airports. ABM Industries Inc. is the largest facility services contractor listed on the New York Stock Exchange. With annualized revenues in excess of $5 billion and more than 120,000 employees, ABM provides parking, janitorial, engineering, and security services for thousands of commercial, industrial, institutional and retail facilities in hundreds of cities across North America.
Real EstateView all jobs at ABM Parking Services