Regional Director of Operations (Education Services)
Responsible for directing the operations of a given operational region to provide quality services to the client by developing and implementing effective operational plans to meet the needs of the client as well as achieving the business related objectives of the company. This position will provide direct leadership to the staff assigned to the region and will be responsible / accountable for the operational, safety, sales and other related business components associated with the regional operations assigned.
• Daily Operations: Manage the daily operations of the region and provide support to subcontracted accounts to ensure that the objectives of the account plans are being implemented, monitored and achieved. Develop and implement recovery plans where deficiencies are noted.
• Client satisfaction / retention: Responsible for ensuring that quality control programs are in place and managed and that relationships are proactively cultivated and maintained within the region.
• Account Plans: Responsible for ensuring that annual account plans are developed, implemented and monitored at all self-performed and subcontracted sites within the region to ensure consistent service delivery, monitoring of quality, safety performance and margins to account plans are achieved.
• Sales: Drive the sales efforts within the region and actively cultivate potential relationships to meet the annual business objectives for retention and growth.
• Account Reviews: Continually review operations to ensure that the educational services programs are in place and that best practices are utilized at the sites.
• Staffing / Development: Actively work to attract, develop and mentor top talent within the region. Support the staff development programs
Key Accountabilities: (against which performance is measured)
• Financial Performance: Full P&L responsibility / accountability for all education clients and projects in the region that report through the education industry vertical. Monthly achievement of financial performance outlined in the annual account plan.
• Sales: Responsible for driving organic sales growth goal for the region, including new sales, up-sell, cross-sell to meet or exceed the annual sales goal.
• Account Plans: Annual development of account plans for all education clients and projects reporting through the region to achieve the business objectives.
• Client satisfaction / retention: Delivery of service and operations to company standards and client expectations to include proactive relationship management to maximize retention
• Staffing / Development: Ensures that plans are in place to staff all accounts from an hourly and staff management perspective. Identifies potential talent both internally and externally for future opportunities. Supports development initiatives
• Safety and Risk: Achieves results that meets or exceeds the organizations goals pertaining to OSHA TRC and LDW rates, Lag time, Nurseline utilization, RTW, etc..
KPIs / Performance Measures:
• Monthly regional financial performance (Revenue and profit) versus the account plan
• Monthly performance of projects to account plans, including revenue, margins, cross-sell and up-sell goals, Quality measures, and safety
• Monthly and annual sales versus plan / Sales pipeline
• Number and severity/cost of incidents (WC, GL, AL) issues vs. goal
• Customer satisfaction, as measured by TBD
• Employee engagement and satisfaction, as measured by TBC
Key Capabilities for success:
• Strong leadership and personnel management skills
• The ability to work independently in a large territory.
• Strong interpersonal and quantitative capabilities.
• Strategic minded mindset to maximize planning and utilization of resources
Minimum Education, Experience and/or Requirements:
• 8 years’ experience in similar role or responsibility,
• Ownership of a regional P&L,
• College degree or equivalent work experience.