ABM (NYSE:ABM), which operates through its subsidiaries (collectively "ABM"), is a leading provider of integrated facility services. With over 100,000 employees, ABM provides commercial cleaning and maintenance, facility engineering, energy efficiency, parking and security services for thousands of commercial, industrial, government and retail clients across the United States and various international locations. Learn more at www.abm.com.
This person is responsible for successfully coordinating and directing all janitorial activities within the assigned area of the facility through their Employees to ensure the highest client and customer satisfaction levels and account retention, strong employee relations. A key focus of this role is coaching, mentoring and development of direct reports, providing hands on training and experiential learning in order to meet client expectations and high quality standards.This person will also be responsible for performing general cleaning and upkeep of assigned area within a specific building when needed. Recycling of cardboard may also be a main fuction. Specific tasks are not guaranteed, therefore, must be flexible in performing assigned duties as outlined below:
Essential Job Functions and Qualifications
· Responsible for overseeing a work team. Responsibilities include managing daily schedules and ensuring productivity levels and customer service requirements are met. May perform basic administrative and payroll functions
· Perform multiple daily standup meetings with entire staff.
· Perform safety/injury reporting in a timely manner.
· Empty and clean all waste receptacles, and remove waste paper and rubbish from the premises to designated area; damp wipe receptacles as necessary.
· Empty and clean all ashtrays, screen all sand urns supply and replace sand as necessary.
· Vacuum all rugs and carpeted areas in offices, lobbies, and corridors.
· Hand dust and wipe clean all office furniture, files, fixtures, paneling, windowsills, and all other horizontal surfaces.
· Damp wipe and polish all glass furniture tops.
· Remove all finger marks and smudges from vertical surfaces, to include doors, doorframes, around light switches, private entrance glass, and partitions.
· Wash, clean and disinfect all water coolers.
· Sweep, with broom, all stairways..
· Police stairwells and clean or damp mop spillage.
· Damp mop or clean any spillage in office and warehouse areas as required.
· Damp dust telephones.
· Dust all picture frames, charts, graphs, and similar wall hangings.
· Damp dust all ceiling air conditioning diffusers, wall grilles, register and other ventilating louvers.
· Dust the exterior surfaces of lighting fixtures, including glass and plastic enclosures.
· Keep custodial closets and storage areas clean, neat and organized.
· Wipe clean and polish all metal hardware fixtures and other bright work.
· Dust and/or wash all directory boards as required, remove fingerprints and smudges.
· Clean entrance door glass inside and outside.
· Sweep or dust mop floors.
· Sweep or damp mop outside areas.
· Properly clean and buff tile floor services as needed.
- Sweep, mop, rinse, scrub, and dry floors in restrooms.
- Porter & deep clean restrooms.
- Clean Breakrooms (Tables, Chairs, Floors, Vending Machines, Walls, Refrigerators, Microwaves, Cabinets, etc…)
- Perform recycling duties, including cardboard and plastic.
- Operate pallet jacks.
- Operate trash compactors and Balers.
· Follow all safety and personnel rules and regulations.
· Perform 5S duties.
· Maintain Daily Cleaning Log.
· May include up to 75% recycling duties.
· Operate auto-scrubbers.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
*Job duties may be modified at any time.
· Ability to walk, stand, reach, bend, crouch, kneel and lift for 8 to 12 hours per day.
· Ability to work with other crew members and be able to take direction from Supervisor.
· Must be able to perform all physical aspects of the above job duties.
· Must be able to lift 25lbs.
· Must have ability to work with other crew members and be able to take direction from Supervisor.
· Must be flexible w/ schedule & assigned duties
· Must be knowledgeable of and able to comply with all Safety standards.
· Must speak English.
· Compliant with Homeland Security and local regulations.
· Adhere to strict safety, quality & production standards.
· Previous experience preferred but not required.
· Experience & Skills
· Strong commitment to service and quality standards as well as client satisfaction. Ability to take the lead in client communication regarding our programs and services as well as performance under the contract. Provide feedback to management as needed on unique client requirements and opportunities to expand the client relationship.
· Demonstrated experience in coaching, motivating, developing and leading a team. Knowledge of human resource policies and practices, and safety policies.
· Job Duration
· ABM places qualified candidates to work on assignments at Amazon Warehouses on a seasonal, part time & full time basis. Assignments vary in length, and there is no guarantee to the length of the assignment. Length of employment is based on client’s business needs which can change.
· ABM IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (MINORITY FEMALE/VETERAN/DISABILITY)