- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ATTENTION: We are actively hiring during the COVID-19 outbreak through safe hiring procedures.
Hiring: IFM Director
Location: New Orleans, LA
Shift: Full Time
Coordinates and directs the design, planning, construction, maintenance, alteration and service of equipment, machinery, buildings, and other facilities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspects plant, custodial and landscape conditions and evaluates service effectiveness.
- Directs both ABM and client
staffs in the proper execution of support services for the facility(s) assigned.
- Analyzes sites’ MEP systems, computer network wiring, lighting, and other factors and develops Preventive Service Methods
- Manages operating budgets up to $5,000,000 both for ABM Services (P&L) and operational / capital funds as assigned by client
- Works with client to develop long range plans, conceptual designs, and capital outlay requirements and documentation for facilities capital improvement / deferred maintenance projects including assistance in cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
- Performs QA (SITE) and service program audits to support ABM methods development towards service excellence.
- Formulates and coordinates program specifications, requirements for specialized service proposals and contracts, and associated documents.
- Acts as liaison to public utility, environmental, and energy agencies and works with Campus Health, Safety and Security Department to ensure and protect the wellbeing of faculty, staff, and students.
- Inspects construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established specifications.
- Ensures compliance with contract specifications associated with ABM contract and with others related to campus services under ABM oversight.
- Collaborates to coordinate building space allocation, layout, and communication services.
- Oversees and directs maintenance, grounds and custodial personnel and workers engaged in campus / site services, equipment installation, facilities equipment repair, and preventive maintenance.
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Manages up to an estimated total of 100+ employees engaged in:
- Plant Maintenance & Operations
- Custodial and Janitorial Services
- Grounds, Landscape & Arboreal Care
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ABM’s and the client’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Facilities Management or Architecture from four-year college or university with five years in progressive facilities management roles within a large institutional or campus-like environment.
Computer and Application Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of accounting software such as JD Edwards, QuickBooks Pro etc.; Outlook or similar email systems; MS Access database software; familiarity with AutoCAD design software; experience with building automation such as Delta Controls, Automated Logic or other Native BACnet control suites. Use of internet access via IE - Explorer or Firefox; Inventory Direct or similar inventory software; Work order / CMMS platforms such as YARDI; School Dude; Maximo, FAMIS etc.; Kronos Payroll systems; experience with MS Project or Milestones project management software; strong capability in Excel including pivot tables and or BIM software and MS Word – full office suite.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current Driver's License
- EPA Universal Certification or Formal Master Trade Designation a plus
- Formal CEFM Credentials or Formal Trade Licensing a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to Speak Spanish a plus
- Strong Customer Care experience
For more information on this position, visit:
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban, and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
ABM is an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of facility solutions with offices throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include janitorial, electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports. ABM Industries Incorporated, which operates through its subsidiaries, was founded in 1909. For more information, visit www.abm.com.
AddressNew Orleans, LA