Food Service Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Hiring: Food Service Manager
Location: Shreveport, LA
Shift: Full Time (Including Weekends)
- Maintains professional behavior consistent with role as well as composure in difficult interpersonal situations.
- Develops, facilitates, and monitors the process for customer service improvement initiatives and suggest new methods that lead to better service.
- Completes all required ABM Healthcare Support Services weekly and monthly reports in a timely manner; presenting information to be submitted in a neat and professional format.
- Monitors training programs to ensure compliance and completion within given time frames; conducts in-service training as required.
- Follows Universal Precautions/Infection Control Procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of HIPPA Privacy Act; maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Leads and/or actively participates in customer service improvement initiatives and suggest new methods that lead to better service.
- Participates and conducts regularly scheduled meetings with assigned staff.
- Develops/coaches department associates to ensure fullest potential is reached by providing feedback, suggesting ways for them to improve skills or build relations with peers, hospital staff, patients and customers.
- Promotes and drives departmental TQM/Customer Service initiatives; makes rounds to meet with customers, assess if their meal expectations are being met and implement service recovery as needed.
- Proactively reports pertinent feedback to assigned manager in a timely manner.
- Ensures that required ABM Healthcare Support Services standard operating procedures are followed and implements and maintains department policies and procedures to ensure programs meet goals within a clean and safe environment.
- Directs staff on the proper use of all supplies/equipment in all areas; notifies maintenance of equipment in need of repair and/or works; takes corrective action as needed until equipment operable.
- Monitors service, food production, sanitation and safety; identifies problems and directs staff as to corrective action to resolve and prevent occurrences.
- Develops and implements cleaning schedules and completes sanitation inspections.
- Ensures temperature records for food, coolers, and freezers are completed and filed per policy and procedure.
- Document employee report offs and reports occurrences.
- Assists with hiring and training new employees – interviews candidates for, ensures new employees are instructed on job responsibilities how and how to safely operate and clean equipment.
- Maintains organizational records to include, but not limited to time maintenance, accident/incident reports, associate health requirements and maintenance work orders.
- Completes daily, weekly and/or monthly work schedules and reports.
- Inventories and controls usage of supplies.
- Takes proactive measures to ensure food quality, portion control and minimize waste.
- Visually inspects and tastes all food products prior to opening for service; assist in preparation of foods as needed and ensures quality food for all areas.
- Ensures meal service is provided at designated times for all services.
- Ensures all opened/leftover food is stored properly (covered, labeled, and dated).
- Ensures department and annual facility training programs are completed within given time frames; conducts in-service training with associates.
- Maintains employee files, time and attendance records and corrective action process; aware of and enforces all Human Resource procedures as noted in employee personnel manual.
- Participates in annual performance evaluation process for assigned staff ensuring review are completed per facility guidelines and time frames.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Associates degree in food service is preferred.
- Three to five (3-5) years of supervisory experience in a healthcare food service environment is preferred and required.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Sanitation certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office including word, excel, outlook and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple responsibilities.
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
ABM is an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
FoodView all jobs at ABM Industries
Get fresh Assistant Food Service Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.