We are looking for an Estimating Manager who plans, coordinates, and directs major estimating functions in support of the Sales and Operations teams within ABM Technical Solutions Branch. Responsible for entire cost estimating process specific to Mission Critical / Data Center facility customers.
- Direct, train, and manage the estimating department and department functions.
- Develop and maintain estimating templates, tools, and software.
- Develop and execute policies and procedures related to the estimating process.
- Develop and maintain active bid list.
- Coordinate, supervise, and review estimates to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Provide technical support, training, and/or prepare estimates as required.
- Assist in the preparation of studies, materials and methods, recommendations, and relative cost estimates as required.
- Perform conceptual estimates for budgetary purposes for potential clients.
- Collaborate with Project Developers and Engineers for best value solutions.
- Assign work to subordinates, direct and review their assignments and be responsible for accuracy and completeness of estimates prepared by subordinates.
- Act as a Lead Estimator on complex packages or as workload demands.
- Participate in pre-bid meetings, bid strategy and presentation meetings as requested by sales team.
- Upon bid award, assist operations department in scope evaluations and subcontractor negotiations.
- Assist operations department in detailing phases of work, man-hours and production units for cost report.
- Perform periodic reviews of active projects estimated cost vs. actual cost, scope deficiencies, means and methods of self-performed work, schedule and project specific issues that effected the project estimate.
- 4-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical and/or related experience. Advanced management or technical degree/training preferred.
- Minimum 10 years extensive construction estimating experience plus including ability to estimate various types of projects/contracts.
- Experience with Mission Critical / Data Center Estimating is required.
- Familiarity with a variety of the mechanical and construction concepts and practices.
- Proven experience managing employees including goal setting and career development.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal and supervisory skills required.
- Must have prior experience with Estimating software.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, specifically Excel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Occasional standing and walking is required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature required on occasion. Must be able to work 10% of the time above ground level where the possibility of falling exists (i.e. on ladders, rooftops, bucket trucks, scaffolding) Must be able to work in hazards areas such as Mechanical rooms at least 20% of the time.