Perform or assist with set-up, installations, troubleshooting, and repair of scales & related products. Will need to be proficient in repair and maintenance of most other types & brands of weighing equipment and related products. Know how to obtain technical assistance when and where needed. Have a high level of quality customer service on the phone as well as in person.
Tasks / Duties:
- Learn company policies including Safety, Office and Service Dept. Procedures, Scale Calibration, & Maintenance
- Perform or assist in the completion of service agreements and other maintenance contracts
- Perform rental equipment set-up delivery and pick-up
- Repair scales at the customer's site
- Maintain individual workstation, computer, field service vehicle, and tools
- Write neat, legible, and accurate documentation
- Seek out product sales leads and service agreements.
- Other duties as assigned by service manage
Special Physical Tasks Required
Ability to carry scales and handle test weights up to 50 pounds. Ability to move with the aid of a special weight cart, 500# test weights, operate various tools and vehicles
- Read and understand technical manuals, electrical drawings, foundation drawings, and mechanical drawings
- Knowledge of common electronic test equipment and tools
- Professional approach to customer service and preparation
- Operate forklift and overhead hoists
- Have or the ability to obtain a CDL License and be able to drive a 30,000# GVW (minimum) vehicle.
- Have a clean driving record
- Conduct all company duties in a safe and professional manner
High School Diploma ( or Equivalent) One year of Electronic education or equivalent experience
Field Service Work History is Required