ABKO Labs is a start-up analytical lab operating as a Safety Compliance Facility (SCF) in the state of Michigan. Our work falls under the oversight of the Michigan Marijuana Regulatory Agency (MRA). We test medical cannabis samples for pesticides, microbial content, heavy metals, potency, foreign matter, moisture, and likely other analytes in the future to ISO 17025 standards. We are seeking qualified scientists at all education levels to join our growing business as we strive to bring the highest scientific standards to the field of cannabis safety compliance.
1. Running field samples and QC sets in a qPCR lab
2. Performing DNA extractions from plant samples and using genetic kits.
3. Conducting experiments in a safe way using aseptic technique.
4. Adhering to RCRA standards for the disposal of hazardous waste.
5. Evaluating qPCR data for accuracy, precision and robustness.
6. Microscopy analysis for foreign matter (mites, hair, dust, etc)
7. Maintaining inventory of critical reagents and supplies.
8. Ensuring that work complies with ISO 17025 standards.
9. Ensuring that work complies with Michigan Marijuana Regulatory Agency regulations and guidance.
10. Experience with plants and plant genetics a huge plus!
1. Running field samples on analytical instruments (LCMS, GCMS, LCUV, ICPMS, etc)
2. Performing extractions from plant samples and preparing curves and QC sets.
3. Adhering to RCRA standards for the disposal of hazardous waste.
4. Conducting experiments in a safe and scientifically justifiable manner.
5. Pipetting organic solvents and standards with accuracy and precision.
6. Maintaining inventory of critical reagents and supplies.
7. Ensuring that work complies with ISO 17025 standards.
8. Ensuring that work complies with Michigan Marijuana Regulatory Agency regulations and guidance.
9. Experience with plants a huge plus!
Accepting capable and talented scientists at all higher education levels. Bachelors, Masters and Doctorate. Internship opportunities available for undergrads interested in summer or semester-long internships.