THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE - LOW SALARY IS $50,564.80 to NTE SALARY OF $67,828.80
LOCAL/REGIONAL CANDIDATES ONLY
NO RELOCATION OR SPONSORSHIP THE OPPORTUNITY
· The Senior Contract Administrator is an important role assisting with transformation efforts that touch the lives of our residence.
· In this role the candidate will be a part of a central organization that serves the Information Technology (IT) needs of almost 1,800 employees. We support 14 widely-diverse departments delivering services to areas such as Healthcare, Law Enforcement, and Construction to name just a few.
· As key contributor, the Senior Contracts Administrator is part of the Information Technology (IT) administration group responsible for leading contract development, solicitations, and maintenance of agreements.
· The role of the Senior Contracts Administrator requires deep and broad business skills in coordinating and processing contracts ensuring legal, policy, and procedural financial compliance.
· The candidate audits supplier compliance through site audits and review of reports, and monitors +250 contracts with an annual spend of $2 million.
· The ideal candidate is the go-to expert accustomed to developing and leading Request for Proposals for new technical systems and services of sizable cost and complexity.
· The candidate can quickly and confidently guide Stakeholders through the different types of contracts, and knows how to use contracting rules to successfully complete procurement.
Skills Required CONTRACTS MANAGEMENT • Develop, coordinate, and process Information Technology related contracts and agreements including negotiating, writing, auditing, analyzing budget impacts, and monitoring department's compliance with rules, statutes, and policies and procedures. • Amends contracts based upon changes in contract amount, service type, or special conditions. • Prepares Request for Information/Quotes/Proposals, Invitation to Bid, advertisements related to Information Technology on behalf of the department and other county departments. • Acquires quotes, conducts bidder's conferences, and participates in review and award of contractor proposals. • Prepares contracts and other types of agreements between the department and other county departments, government agencies or outside parties, and recommendations for the Board's approval. • Manages all correspondence with vendors. • Coordinates and attends contractor site audits to monitor legal and contractual requirements. • Recommends and negotiates corrective action for contractor compliance deficiencies. • Provides technical assistance or referral to resources for corrective action. • Acts as liaison between county Contracts and Procurement Office, contractors, and other county departments. • Coordinates the maintenance of all department contract document records, including required support documentation. • Monitors and audits contractor compliance. PURCHASING MANAGEMENT • Assists in reviewing Information Technology department purchase order requests for correct procedures and budget criteria. • Works with departments or divisions to ensure that proper IT purchasing guidelines and budget criteria are followed. • Processes purchase orders and contract release orders, as required for department purchases. • Utilizes state and federal price agreements and suppliers/vendors to obtain highest quality merchandise at lowest possible prices. • Completes journal entries and performs accounts payable function for department service contracts. • Monitors contract budgets, cost center allocations, and special contract conditions including client resources, payment schedules and terms, service descriptions, and reporting. • Generates payments to contractors, prepares authorizations for payment and monitors payments for budget projects. • Reviews purchases for cost savings to department. • Provides technical purchasing support to department management staff, processes renewals, researches issues, prepares financial analysis, recommendations, as well as management reports. BUDGET SUPPORT • Assists with preparing the department budget. These duties include preparing personnel changes, allocation adjustments, tracking salary savings and making recommendations on needed changes within budget categories. • Prepares reports on all asset changes, overall value and estimates for budgetary needs by category. • Prepares, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required. OTHER JOB DUTIES • Participates in meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions. • Other duties as assigned.
Required Education/ Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree in business or public administration, accounting, finance, or a related field
· 2 years experience in contract preparation and administration
· Any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience relevant to the position.
The Western Regional Minority Supplier Development Council Certificate # WR03208
MBE Certified by CPUC, California Public Utilities Commission (VON: 15030026)
DBE certified by VTA California Unified Certification Program (File No: 040243)
Small Business Certified by GSA, The state of California.
Our Team consists of trained and committed Management Professionals divided into various groups. Our entire team has extensive experience and success in this service sector which allows ABCS to provide our clients with the best-customized solution and top tier quality service
Our Goal is to offer each customer a consultative partnership and customized industry-specific solutions to meet their business challenges, get maximum ROI, meet budgetary guidelines and achieve operational excellence, which in turn builds long-term business partnerships. Accomplished through a consultative and collaborative process to ensure success for our clients and ABCS. As a result, we are highly motivated in identifying top tier technology professionals that meet the expectations of our discerning customers.
Direct Hire, Contract Hire, Resource Management, Human Capital, Executive Leadership Recruitment, IT Executive Recruitment, Java, J2EE, Network Security, QA/QE Engineers, Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Hive, HBase, PIG, and Web Development.