Cloud Security Engineer 5
Responsible for securing the applications, the data and the cloud infrastructure of the company. In this role, the engineer also provides guidance to the application and business teams on improving the security posture of the company.
Cyber Security Cloud Engineering:
- Analyze and implement architectural designs and perform security reviews with Engineering teams;
- Provide guidance on cloud security solutions and best practices to internal teams;
- Introduce and maintain cloud security tools, both in-sourced and outsourced, inclusive of event management, monitoring, and other specific cloud security solutions and tools;
- Follow DevOps principles in implementing security controls in the cloud infrastructure;
- Utilize existing monitoring infrastructure to collect actionable security signals and automate remediation.
Cloud Security Operations:
- Review the data coming from the cloud security tools and third-party/managed security service providers, coordinate with teams to address findings;
- Incident management: work with the Cyber Protection team to perform security analysis and investigations of incidents involving the cloud components;
- Support compliance activities for frameworks like SOC1/2, ISO27001, PCI-DSS, HITRUST, and more.
- 5 years of experience in Security Engineering, DevOps or IT Operations roles, strong familiarity with the principles of DevOps and Agile development;
- 2 years of hands-on experience securing cloud applications and infrastructure (AWS strongly preferred);
- Excellent understanding/working knowledge of the public cloud infrastructure and services in AWS (IAM, VPC, KMS, CloudWatch, Systems Manager, S3, RDS, Route53, Lambda, AWS Config, etc.) and Azure/Office 365 is a strong plus;
- Experience building and securing infrastructure as code using CloudFormation, Ansible, SAM and/or similar tools.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle models, as well as the approaches to implement the AWS Well-Architected Framework;
- Understanding of the shared responsibility model in AWS;
- Familiar with one or more scripting/coding languages (e.g. bash, Python);
- Experience implementing and leveraging the logging and monitoring solutions is a plus;
- CCSP, CCSK, CISSP and AWS certifications are a plus but not required.
Communication and interpersonal skills:
- Proven focus on teamwork and collaborative interaction with operations and development teams and other departments.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Can-do attitude, motivation and ability to prioritize and execute tasks with minimal supervision.
The Western Regional Minority Supplier Development Council Certificate # WR03208
MBE Certified by CPUC, California Public Utilities Commission (VON: 15030026)
DBE certified by VTA California Unified Certification Program (File No: 040243)
Small Business Certified by GSA, The state of California.
Our Team consists of trained and committed Management Professionals divided into various groups. Our entire team has extensive experience and success in this service sector which allows ABCS to provide our clients with the best-customized solution and top tier quality service
Our Goal is to offer each customer a consultative partnership and customized industry-specific solutions to meet their business challenges, get maximum ROI, meet budgetary guidelines and achieve operational excellence, which in turn builds long-term business partnerships. Accomplished through a consultative and collaborative process to ensure success for our clients and ABCS. As a result, we are highly motivated in identifying top tier technology professionals that meet the expectations of our discerning customers.
Direct Hire, Contract Hire, Resource Management, Human Capital, Executive Leadership Recruitment, IT Executive Recruitment, Java, J2EE, Network Security, QA/QE Engineers, Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Hive, HBase, PIG, and Web Development.