LEAD DRIVER / MANAGER (TRANSPORTATION MANAGER?)
“Are you someone that would like to take their experience to the next level? We are a growing bus company looking for Lead Driver/Manager. The Lead Driver/Manager primary responsibility will be managing shuttle bus drivers at multiple locations throughout Northern Colorado. We are looking for someone who is a motivated and self-driven to accomplish any task put in front of them. Qualified candidates will have a Class B Driver’s license with Passenger and Air Brake endorsements. Below is a further description of the job description and responsibilities.
Plan, direct and supervise the work activities of employees at the operating division. Maintain the financial position of the components as forecasted. Provide quality and reliable service to customers.
1. Any route driven between am and pm routes.
2. Driver Assignments
3. Payroll – Daily
4. Monthly Mileage Report
5. Monthly Student Counts
6. Fuel Buses – If Needed
7. Monthly Billing Information
8. Schedule Maintenance
9. Perform Minor Bus Repairs.
10. Maintenance Shuttle
11. Student Discipline Management
12. Customer Service with District Administration and Schools
13. Enforce Company Policies
14. During extend period of buses not running, ie winter break, start buses 2-3 days prior to school starting back up.
15. Assign Activity/Charter/Athletic trips to drivers
16. Maintain quantity of staff
1. Must be able to negotiate a 36" jump and climb from emergency door.
2. Have the ability to walk forward and backward in the bus without assistance.
3. You will be tested on emergency evacuation procedures.
Activity: Pre-inspecting bus.
Longest Single Duration: 10 Minutes.
Grade: Terrain: Gravel/blacktop and/or bus aisle 22 steps to the back of the bus. Bus aisle is 12” wide.
Total Time: 3-7 hours.
Activity: While driving bus.
Longest Single Duration: 2 hours.
Type of Seat: 17” x 17” bus seat that offers vibrations. Seat set back 40”. From gas and break. Seat will adjust 12” before steering Colum.
Lifting: Activity: Must lift wheelchair dependent children during emergency (50 lbs.)
Bending or stooping:
Activity: For pre-post trip inspection purposes. Employee must negotiate body level changes i.e. bending and stooping, to inspect bus.
Activity: Climbing in and out of the bus.
Frequency: 6 to 8 times per day. More frequent if on handicap bus. Three 12” steps.
Activity: To turn on ignition 18" from steering wheel.
Operate left side control panel. Operate lights - 18" forward reach. Operate radio - overhead reach to 45" from top of seat.
Activity: Must distinguish colors of electric traffic signals to determine red, yellow, and green.
Visual sight must be maintained with currently State and Federal requirements.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Workday hours are typically 2 - 8 hours per day but differ depending on contracts.
Required Education and Experience
1. Must possess and maintain from their state of residence a valid Class B Commercial Driver's License.
2. Must be 21years of age or older at the time of hire.
3. Must pass the physical examination for drivers as prescribed in the Central Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
4. Must pass a General Knowledge screening exam.
5. Must pass a drug screen/ alcohol screen and submit to random, periodic, post-accident, and reasonable cause drug testing as required or requested.
6. Must complete 36 to 40 hours of training including classroom and defensive driving tests.
7. Must be a U.S. Citizen or have proper Immigration and Naturalization Services work permits.
8. Must meet minimum Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) criteria. Any DWI, DUI, revocation and/ or suspension on your MVR within the last five (5) years or a combination of three offenses listed, within the last two years, will prevent the hiring of a driver.
1. Examples: 3 moving violations; 2 moving violations and 1 preventable accident; 1 moving violation and 2 preventable accidents
9. Must be willing to submit, or have a felony criminal record check.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.”