What makes a good company great? At ABC Recycling we always believed that it is our people. Through four generations we have built many long-standing relationships and careers by treating our employees like family. To find out more about what makes ABC a great place to work, please visit our website (www.abcrecycling.com) and follow our social media sites.
Are you ready to join a dedicated hardworking team of professionals? Do you have a strong attention to detail, and thrive in a fast-paced environment? Then we want to hear from you!
ABC Recycling Ltd. is looking for a Logistics Coordinator to be based out of our Burnaby, BC location. Reporting to the Manger of Logistics, the job holder will be responsible for daily dispatching and coordination of trucks in the Lower Mainland through various third-party carriers, picking up and delivering materials to our yard.
In addition, they are to organize and secure trucks for projects or special loads. This position is a developmental role, so the job holder must be flexible and eager to learn. The ideal candidate is someone who wants to learn about our industry, the specialty field of logistics and has a commitment to excellent customer service.
- Works with General Managers and Supervisors to determine daily trucking needs
- Plans, sources, coordinates and dispatches daily trucking requirements to internal and third-party carriers as required by facilities (and customers) for local and long-haul requirements (including specialty loads or project loads – case to case basis)
- Analyzes service requests from customers to determine the most efficient and effective trucking services
- Works with our current suppliers (and new) to provide freight rates for roll offs, lugger and tote bins, as well as trailers upon requests
- Tracks and monitors all incoming trailers (as well as roll off, lugger and tote bins) and to ensure loads are completed (including specialty loads or project loads – case to case basis)
- Grasps the understanding of the National Safety Code processes, record keeping and audits for Southern BC (including Vancouver Island) trucking fleets
- Interacts with designated custom brokers to create documentation for border crossing, and forward information along to the truck driver
- Analyzes and code invoices for roll offs and trucking companies, disputing any discrepancies
- Works with Logistics Manager on long term and seasonal projects as well as sourcing new transportation suppliers and negotiate preferential rates
- Performs other duties and assignments as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years’ customer service experience in a high-volume work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of the INCOTERMS
- Understanding of Transport limitations (weight and/or dimensions)
- Ocean Freight/ Freight Forwarding experience will be an asset.
What makes a good company great? At ABC Recycling we know it's quite simply our people. We have built many long-standing relationships and careers by treating our employees like family. To find out more about what makes ABC a great place to work, please visit our website at www.abcrecycling.com/ or our Glassdoor page at www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Working-at-ABC-Recycling-EI_IE1328363.11,24.htm
WHY WORK FOR ABC RECYCLING?
- We offer competitive wages and benefits (after 3 months, including RRSP matching Program)
- Training, mentorships, and opportunities for advancement
- True job security all year round
- Employee referral bonus program
- Employee engagement activities
How to Apply
Please email your resume together with a cover letter by clicking the "APPLY NOW" button. Please put “Logistics - BBY” in the subject line of the email.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and thank you for your interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.