We’re disrupting a niche $3B legal support industry through innovative mobile software and tech-enabled logistics. We’ve doubled in size from $50M to $100M in the last 24 months and are primed to make a run at $200M-$400M over the next 5 years. We are infusing additional capital to accelerate our growth - our focus is to expand our technology lead, acquire and integrate less efficient competitors, and tap into new segments through an integrated inbound marketing and sales approach. To get there we need smart, capable talent. This is where you come in.
For many, ABC Legal provides the best of both worlds, an entrepreneurial mindset with the proven, long-term health of an established business.
Your overriding goal as the Senior Mergers & Acquisitions Associate is to be a leader in building and executing a scalable process to source, evaluate, acquire and integrate service of process companies onto the ABC Legal fulfillment engine. This is a green field project on an aggressive path to close 1-2 targets per month. Compensation and skillset is similar to mid-market investment banking and private equity roles, but the environment is quite different. You will be on a small and entrepreneurial team that will be expected to adapt and improve as we grow our platform and M&A process.
To be successful you will have confidence, experience, and proven ability to:
- Implement workflows and business processes designed to support a scalable M&A solution.
- Communicate proactively and effectively to different kinds of audiences, including executives, customers and attorneys.
- Monitor our industry M&A landscape and key corporate announcements to develop view on industry activities and overall market trends.
- Identifying appropriate acquisition targets that support strategic priorities for the business through interaction with senior business leaders and private equity teams.
- Support all aspects of the M&A process, including market research, business case development, synergy analysis, strategic/financial analysis, and valuation.
- Establish ongoing processes improvements, skill sets, and review methodology to improve and enhance our corporate development competency.
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills that will be tested and refined every day while interacting with CEOs.
- 3 – 5 years of experience with an investment bank, corporate development team, private equity / VC group, consulting firm, or software company. An associate is expected to have had ownership of an entire transaction process.
- Proven project management experience with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with prior experience preparing and delivering executive level presentations.
- Able to work independently and as a team player with a tenacious, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Base Salary: $90,000- $100,000 depending on experience
- Bonus: Eligible