Location: Washington, DC (Herbert Hoover Building) - Will be remote until the COVID band is lifted
Information Technology (IT) Technical Lead manages all the IT operations, engineering and networking activities in the organization. Implements, maintains, and proposes the policies and goals for the IT department to support the organization's needs. Ensures proper information system operations and plans necessary upgrades. Oversees the internal IT support function, as well as planning, architecting, engineering and leading new projects. The successful candidate will work with customer leadership as a member of our engagement team to support the needs of a federal client focused on cloud applications, storage implementation, and implementing DevSecOps.
Provide services necessary to perform:
- Network Infrastructure Architecture, Engineering, and Operation Support
- Collaborate with other technical teams such as Security, Hosting, Engineering, and Networking teams to ensure alignment to strategic plans
- Conduct planning efforts, provide estimates and develop technical roadmaps for migrating complex applications to AZURE Cloud environments
- Enforce, implement and advise on security standards in accordance w/ DISA and CIS Benchmarks
- Implement solutions from scratch w/ configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef and Ansible
- Must have current active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field
- Minimum of 15 years of technical experience
- Minimum of 3 years leading technical teams
- Expertise in RHEL 6, 7, 8 CentOS, Fedora
- Hands-on experience in Network and Server Management
- Scripting experience (e.g. Bash, CSH, Bourne Shell, Powershell, PHP)
- Experience w/ monitoring tools such as Splunk and Nagios
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) and/or Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- CCIE or CCNA certification
- Valid Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification
- Hardware/Software inventory Management
ABBTECH is an EOE/Minorities/Women/Disabled Individuals/Veterans
ABBTECH offers three different types of placements—contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire—all at no charge to you. Your ABBTECH recruiter works for you from the first phone call. You have a single, trusted point of contact, with the assurance of a fast, personal response to every question. At the same time, our team approach to fulfilling client requirements means our recruiters share job responsibilities with each other, which multiplies the opportunities that may be open to you, from first assignment to last.
You’re never alone when you partner with ABBTECH in your job search. Our mobile app delivers insights and advice on what you need to do before, during and after your interview, so you will be fully prepared and confident that you can ace any interview.