Applied Behavior Analysis Consultation and Services (ABACS) is committed to providing quality ABA services directed toward those whose lives have been affected by autism spectrum disorders, as well as other developmental or behavioral disorders. In addition, we emphasize the importance of comprehensive staff support to provide exceptional care. We are currently recruiting part-time Behavior Therapists to provide 1:1 in home and clinic services.This is a great opportunity for individuals interested in the field of Applied Behavior Analysis and previous experience working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
What does a typical day look like?
- Sessions are typically held between 2:30pm and 8pm
- Some daytime sessions may be available
- Applicants must be available to work a minimum of 8 hours per week
- Rate of pay ($20-$30/hour) is based on level of education and years of experience working under the supervision of a BCBA
What will you do?
- ABA therapy at ABACS involves working 1:1 with individuals with autism using behavior analytic techniques that are created by a BCBA,individualized for each client. Our sessions take place in the home, school, or clinic setting. Our clients are children and adults who arereceiving therapy in relation to their diagnosis.
What do we offer?
- Initial and ongoing training to teach you what you need to know to provide the highest quality services
- The opportunity to make an impact on our client's lives
- A supportive work environment
- A flexible schedule
- Opportunity for growth
You should join us if:
- You are dedicated, reliable and enthusiastic.
- You are interested in working with children, adolescents, or adults with autism or other developmental disabilities.
- This is a great position for people who have worked as paraprofessionals, camp counselors, and respite providers. In addition, our extensivetraining at the onset of your hire will ensure that you feel confident working with our clients.
- You have completed a bachelor's degree - and you might even have an academic background in psychology, applied behavior analysis,biology, education, or criminal justice. We would also encourage you to apply if you have experience with sign language.
- You have professional experience or have volunteered with people with developmental disabilities and would like to continue working with this population.
- Your career path has led you to pursue careers in human services and related fields.
- You are able to make a 6-month commitment to our clients
To apply,please send a resume and cover letter detailing your interest and experience. You can also apply directly on our website: www.abacs.org/job-app/. We look forward to hearing from you!
Interviews are available at our Braintree and Woburn offices, as well as remotely.
Trainings held at 10J Gill Street, Woburn Maor 639 Granite Street, Suite 230, Braintree, MA.Must have reliable transportation to these offices to complete training. Trainings are held on a monthly basis. Flexible training schedules! We offer day, evening, and weekend
training sessions. Must complete all training courses before working with clients.You will be compensated at a training rate for your time.
We are currently seeking staff to work in a number of areas, including: Dorchester, Mattapan, Roslindale, Jamaica Plain, Hyde Park, Norwood, Cambridge, Everett, Lynn, Woburn, Malden, Brookline, Chelmsford, Methuen, Revere, Reading, Georgetown, and North Andover.
Keywords: autism, behavior, BT, ABA, BCBA, behavior analysis, childcare, children, kids, developmental disability, developmental disorder, autism, pdd-nos, special needs, special education, home, clinic, psychology, entry level, experienced, growth, development, school, training, supervision, Woburn, early childhood development, early intervention, Boston, Lowell, Billerica, Methuen, Concord, Lexington, Saugus, Revere, Medford, Brookline, Newton, Westwood, Weymouth, Sommerville, Chestnut Hill, Hyde Park, Dorchester, Dedham, Roslindale