We are seeking Behavior Technicians/RBT's to join our team!
Provides 1:1 ABA behavioral interventions to children with Autism and other developmental delays at our treatment facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Applies behavioral principles consistently in all interactions with clients
· Implements Individualized Treatment Plans under the direction of the BCBA
· Teaches clients self-help and social skills as stated in the treatment plan
· Actively participates in staff training programs designed to increase overall skills
· Designs program plans and other instructional activities under the guidance of the BCBA
· Completes progress reports and other requested written assignments related to the client
· Communicates in a professional and respectful manner with parents, clients and staff
· Assist in creating instructional materials
· Observes and records the behavior of clients
· Consistently implements behavior plans to promote appropriate social behaviors
· Ability to exercise balanced judgment in evaluating situations and make decisions
· Effectively handles difficult or confrontational situations in a calm manner
· Must be flexible regarding schedules.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in ABA and/or related field such as Psychology, Education or Speech is preferred
· Previous experience in teaching children with Autism/Developmental Delays using ABA is preferred
· Willingness to obtain a RBT certification is required (Company provides training)
Additional Skills and Qualifications
· HIPAA Training
· Safety Training
· CPR Training
· Maintains Certifications
· Maintains Confidentiality regarding client treatment plans and records
· Computer skills
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to meet deadlines
Ability to climb stairs, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, move about to accomplish tasks, pushing, lifting, fingering (as in picking, pinching, typing or other working with the fingers or hands), grasping, the ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word, wherein those activities must convey detailed and important spoken instructions to others accurately and sometimes quickly. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communications and make fine discriminations in sounds and ability to perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands and fingers.
Work is physically active in nature, requiring occasional exertion of up to 30 to 50 pounds of force occasionally; frequently to lift, carry, push or pull or otherwise move objects.
While the worker may be subjected to temperature changes, the worker generally is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Ability to exert self-control and de-escalate in volatile situations such as in confronting threatening or aggressive behavior.