Registered Behavioral Technician (RBT)
A Behavior Technician provides 1:1 behavioral intervention service to children with special needs and support to their families. Behavior Technicians are responsible for implementing Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) based programs as directed the Board-Certified Behavior Analyst/Case Supervisor.
This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Lead Analyst (BCBA, BCaBA LMHC, LCSW, LMFT)
- Assists the BCBA in implementing behavioral programming in a 1:1 setting.
- Collects data, graph on all programming.
- Writes progress notes on a weekly basis
- Advises and consults with the family and other agency personnel.
- Participates in in-service programs and presents in-service programs as assigned.
- Understands and adheres to established policies and procedures.
- With the BCBA, instructs patients and family/significant others in home programs and protocols.
- Attends all staff meetings and patient care conferences as scheduled.
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient related information.
- Immediately reports to BCBA/ Therapy Supervisor any patient incidents/variances or complaints.
- Adheres to Agency standards and consistently interprets and accurately performs all assigned responsibilities.
- Maintains acceptable attendance status, per Agency policy.
- Reports all incomplete work assignments to BCBA/ Therapy Supervisor.
- Appearance is always within Agency standards; is clean and well groomed.
- Demonstrates effective time management skills through daily documentation and infrequent overtime for routine assignments.
- The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
· High School Diploma
· Registered Behavioral Technician (Board certification)
· Active Medicaid Provider Number
· Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
· Two (2) years’ experience, preferred.
· Acceptance of philosophy and goals of the Agency
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Social perceptiveness
· Complex problem solving
· Critical thinking
· Judgment and decision making
· Active learning
Line of Authority:
· Reports to the Board-Certified Behavior Analyst/ Therapy Supervisor.