- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
AArete is one of a kind when it comes to consulting firm culture.
The HR Generalist will join a dynamic team of human resource professionals who work collaboratively to grow our firm globally. Primary responsibilities include benefits administration and the on-boarding and off-boarding of team members. The role provides the unique opportunity to lend your experience and skills to our department’s continued growth.
Why AArete? We are a fast-growing strategy, operations and technology consulting firm – due to this the bar is set high at AArete. AArete is guided by our deeply embedded principles: Excellence, Passion, Loyalty to Clients, Stewardship, Family, Community, Sustainability, and Inclusion. We strive to continually improve our work environment to allow for high team member engagement and the ability for all team members to be successful.
- Exciting variety of clients and business challenges – from the largest firms in the world to the largest health plans in the country to colleges and universities
- A collaborative culture focused on career and professional development, abundant opportunities with meaningful and impactful experiences.
- Competitive Pay and Benefits – competitive salary, unlimited PTO, 401K match, Employee Stock Ownership Plan
At AArete we’re successfully embracing working in a flexible work environment. We have offices across the globe in Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Dallas, Denver, DC, London and India. Based on preference, AAretians have the opportunity to work remotely, visit nearby offices or client locations.
AArete is proud to have earned a Great Place to Work Certification™. We are named in Vault’s Top 50 Firms to Work For, Crain's Chicago Business Fast 50 for a 3rd year, Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Firms list for 4 consecutive years, Consulting Magazine's Fastest Growing Firms for the 4 consecutive years, and Forbes Magazine’s Best Consulting Firms in America list of 2021.
Work you’ll do
- Maintain employee records
- Connects with new hires regarding benefits and start details
- Coordinate pre-employment screening requirements for new employees
- Onboards full-time, part-time and subcontractors working for US and UK
- Provides support on administering AArete’s summer internship program
- Provide day to day administrative support for various people processes (on-boarding, off-boarding, benefits administration, etc.)
- Coordinate new employee orientations and other HR training programs as applicable
- Conducts new hire check-in meetings and new hire orientation
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files
- Files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Maintains human resource information system and continuously makes improvements in the system
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits and/or other HR programs, reviews monthly bills
- Administers employee benefits programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability and 401K
- Serves as primary contact for employee questions on benefit plan design, eligibility, enrollment and coverage, and resolves any issues that arise
- Serves as contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators
- Documents and maintains administrative procedures for assigned benefits processes
- Provides support on wellness initiatives & programs
- Participation in HR, Women and diversity initiatives and projects as they develop
- 2-4 years of experience in a related Human Resources role
- Bachelor’s degree required (Human Resources major preferred)
- Experience with an HRIS system is required
- Excellent knowledge & understanding of HR functions and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience working in Human Resources
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
- Experience in benefits administration
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and credibility
BusinessView all jobs at AArete