Web Events Manager
AAOS Rosemont, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
You always persevere, rise to the occasion and get the job done. You thrive on change, embrace new ideas and move forward. Your diplomatic and respectful approach, paired with your excellent people skills, help you remain dedicated to exploring and integrating a variety of perspectives. You never lose sight of your exceptional commitment to your role and the members. You are creative, agile and know when to think out-of-the-box.
If this sounds like you, please read on!
The Web Events Manager coordinates and hosts educational web events focusing on clinical areas of orthopaedics, medical governance and practice management. Responsible for all aspects of event content planning and development, working across the organization, working in team-based environment including proactive and effective communications, registration, marketing, evaluation, delivery and other elements in compliance with ACCME guidelines. Represents AAOS ensuring program presentation meets participant expectations and observance of the Academy’s policies and procedures. Working with subject matter experts, coordinates development, delivery and assessment of assigned CME courses including didactic webinars, live webcasts, teleconferencing and virtual courses.
Planning and Development
Responsible for managing and executing an event portfolio of approximately 85 virtual events annually including event production, logistics, and reporting. Collaborates with subject matter experts and internal teams to develop event curriculum; responsible for scheduling, program design, and course content with emphasis on problem/case-based learning and interactive educational methodologies. Reviews historical data and recommend changes to the web event directors to ensure continuous educational quality improvements and program development. In addition, works with colleagues to enhance courses as required. Works with Commercial Solutions team to create virtual event opportunities. Collaborates with Media Producer on custom solutions for events that involve unique technical requirements, support and management. Provides Grants Coordinator with the appropriate information to solicit industry funding for CME web events. Ensures compliance with ACCME Standards/Essentials and Academy policies and procedures. Maintains web event marketing websites. Collaborates with Media Producer to identify all audio-visual equipment and labor requirements. Coordinates acquisition of resource material (i.e. - surgical skills video) to enhance program content. Maintains frequent communication with web event directors, faculty, marketing colleagues, and other necessary personnel to ensure all aspects of web event completion
Responsible for pre-event preparation, faculty refresher training, event hospitality, welcoming faculty and registrants; serve as event emcee. Serves as AAOS representative during event; upholds standards and expectations of the Academy. Responsible for all aspects of webinar platform management; technical direction of event delivery to ensure flawless experience. Problem solves and resolves customer complaints in real time. Documents application troubleshooting and resolution. Responds to unscripted program enhancements as directed by event faculty. Assists the courses team in delivery and planning of virtual courses.
Reviews and edits event replay. Manages and maintains vendor systems for live and on-demand content. Designs and documents virtual event technical/operational workflow. Creates user documentation for all vendor applications. Recommends and institutes operational changes to increase efficiency and quality and/or decrease costs. Collects and maintains statistics and web event histories to facilitate future course planning. Develops annual web event budgets and rolling quarterly projections for Manager approval; monitors on a per event basis. Collaborates with the marketing department on development and approval of promotional materials for web events to include CME Calendar, web event brochure and other marketing flyers, faxes, emails, and letters. Prepares thank you letters to web event directors, faculty and other hired staff (as needed). Documents lessons learned. Provides executive summary to Medical Director, faculty and Manager.
Attends/participates in committee meetings and conference calls as requested. Provides/prepares materials for committee agendas. Develops RFPs, evaluates proposals, negotiates, and contracts for web events. Acts as primary contact with Vendor. Works with colleagues on creating and updating web event evaluation templates. Recommends new policies and procedures and updates and maintain CME Policies.
Exemplifies the following essential values of the Academy:
- Teamwork: Effective collaboration and team-focus to solve complex problems and drive innovation.
- Empowerment: The authority, information, and skills to make decisions and drive results.
- Accountability: Ownership of process and results that drive decisions and ensure implementation.
- Mindset of Growth/Continuous Learning: Focused on and invested in self and staff development to become more adaptable, making the Academy more agile, innovative, and sustainable.
- Up to 5 days per year
- Undergraduate degree with experience in meeting planning, science and/or medical terminology
- 5 years of experience with web meeting technology, 2+ years as web event host and/or demonstrated ability to succeed with increased responsibility
- Above average ability in written and verbal communication, organizational, human relations and computer skills including Microsoft office
- Thrives in a live production setting
- Flexible schedule – must be able to host 75+ events or associated conference calls in the evening
- Creative problem solver with excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to use project management tools to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Familiar with the Zoom platform for creating and managing events, both Webinars and Meetings
- Experience in a medical environment
- Video editing experience (Adobe Premiere)
- Association experience
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) requires full COVID-19 vaccination of any employee in a position that is onsite, works remotely or includes business travel. If you have questions about this policy, please contact Crystal Kaminski, Human Resources Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
If this describes YOU, please apply by sharing the following:
-Clearly communicate why you are the ideal candidate for this role, providing specific examples and experiences as proof points.
-Attach your resume, cover letter and any additional materials that support your application.
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at AAOS