The Association of American Medical Colleges is a not-for-profit association dedicated to transforming health care by supporting the entire spectrum of medical education, medical research, and patient care conducted by our member institutions. We are dedicated to the communities we serve and steadfast in our goal to improve the health of all. The AAMC strives to make a positive impact not only in your career, but in your life. We offer a comprehensive benefits package which features:
- Significant employer 403(b) contribution
- Public transportation subsidy
- Generous paid time off program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program that includes monthly gym subsidy, onsite yoga and sponsored sports teams How will you make an impact?
This position will oversee and manage the day-to-day operations of the Client & Technical Support staff and activities to ensure that user problems are resolved by proper utilization of human resources and technology. Plans, prioritizes, and schedules activities to ensure continuity of service. Responsible for activities of front-line agents including performance against pre-determined goals and objectives. Provides feedback to manager on service levels and performance. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers. Expert level individual contributor responsible for supervising direct reports for a program, service, or function. Accountable for the employee performance management process of direct reports. Implements and tracks the progress of strategic initiatives, organizational goals, and policies.
- Generate work schedules to ensure adequate coverage for all support queues.
- Adjust schedules, as needed in response to staffing needs or other priorities.
- Create and implement standard processes to improve operational efficiency and the customer experience.
- Participates in the creation of KPIs for the team, individual staff members and own achievement of support inquiry key metrics.
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to assist with the ongoing development of the staff and to inform other stakeholders.
- Serve as an escalation point for customers who want to speak to a manager.
- Responsible for the selection, hiring, training and performance management of front-line Client and Technical Support staff. This includes full time Specialist I and temporary seasonal staff.
- Responsible for the overall training, development and coaching of support staff.
- Work with direct reports on their development plans and provide regular performance feedback to improve customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the ongoing maintenance of the training program, providing insights from support staff and customer feedback.
- Coordinate monitoring and auditing efforts with the Quality Specialist to measure support inquiry quality and provide coaching as needed.
- Establish a rapport with the team and implement processes to foster a strong team environment.
- Ensure the team is continually aware of process changes, AAMC and Service business unit events and priorities.
- Convene regular meetings to cover business operations and facilitate trainings conducted by subject matter experts that will enhance the customer support provided by all team members.
- In coordination with the management team, work with the AAMC Services business units to ensure the CTS staff has the resources needed to support our internal and external customers.
- Ensure an adequate escalation process is in place with the programs.
- Participate in meetings with business units as needed providing support updates.
- Bachelors degree and 8 years of relevant experience
If a bachelor's degree is required, related work experience may be substituted in some positions. One year of college course work at an accredited institution is equivalent to one year of related work experience.
The Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The AAMC is committed to the policy of an equal employment opportunity in recruitment, hiring, career advancement, and all other personnel practices. The AAMC will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, matriculation, political affiliation, genetic information, disability, past or current military service, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Please attach a resume as part of the application process. It is important that files DO NOT include periods ( . ) within the file name.
BROWSER REQUIREMENTS: Applications must be submitted using Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer v.10 or higher.